Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Superuser at betfair.

fwiw full tilt is rigged
Old 10-18-2007, 11:59 AM

Im new to the forums but have been playing online poker for about 6 years - and after all the recent events at AP and now possably Betfair i often wonder about those games where the worst opponent making the worst calls (but always has a better holding than you, and NEVER puts his money in from behind, ever) Cleaning up.

REALLY makes me wonder...
Old 10-18-2007, 12:02 PM

gg poker
Old 10-18-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These last two cases (betfair and AP) are more worrying as they're not due to a user's computer being infected.

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks like betfair's is. people who say they didn't download anything when there *is* a hack going around always wind up having downloaded just one thing. it's like a murphy's law for computer illiterates.

edit: btw, one other explanation, if sufficient people were trojaned but some lost money legitimately (in non-HU games), is that the hacker was using multiple trojaned accounts to collude at HSNL.

either way, looks like betfair *has* a security department.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im new to the forums but have been playing online poker for about 6 years - and after all the recent events at AP and now possably Betfair i often wonder about those games where the worst opponent making the worst calls (but always has a better holding than you, and NEVER puts his money in from behind, ever) Cleaning up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! How many times have you been playing at a table when one person comes along that cannot lose? No matter what you do, they seem to know everything. Every time you try a bluff they "know" you have nothing so re-raise. Every time you catch a hand, they "know" you have something and fold. All this without ever seeing the white of your eyes.

I'm talking random strangers too. Not someone you have played several times before.

I've seen this happen multiple times at multiple sites. Having read the AP superuser threads, I'm convinced this is exactly what was happening.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:34 PM

I'm a regular at the forum of the first blog, and can ask the guy to give some more detailed info here (for example regarding whether or not he downloaded the trojan).
Old 10-18-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! How many times have you been playing at a table when one person comes along that cannot lose? No matter what you do, they seem to know everything. Every time you try a bluff they "know" you have nothing so re-raise. Every time you catch a hand, they "know" you have something and fold. All this without ever seeing the white of your eyes.

I'm talking random strangers too. Not someone you have played several times before.

I've seen this happen multiple times at multiple sites. Having read the AP superuser threads, I'm convinced this is exactly what was happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is in NO WAY an insult, since I have no idea, but what stakes do you play?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let us not get carried away. Stick to what can be proven. As Adanthar noted, the occurence of a superuser that can see everyone's hole cards without the use of a trojan, is still only isolated to AP, and there' not really any reason to conclude that online poker is rigged yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I played against a guy the other day who called everytime i bet, raised every time i bluffed. Id never played him before and was playing well reading what i could and folding when he pushed.

The final straw was after i raised with pocket tens and the flop came T 2 T (quads) I bet exactly the same i had been betting previously and he just folded... no raise, no call, no nothing.

This was totally against the way he had been playing for the last half hour.

I left the room.

winning player obv
Closed Thread