Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: 100 buyin brm... your thoughts

A little on the side, but I think the reason some of the people who quit poker or busts is because they dont have large enough bankrolls and when they hit a big downswing they cant handle it mentally. Having to move down in limits can be very demoralizing
Old 10-09-2007, 06:54 PM

I took a bunch of shots at 25/50 when I had less than 30 buy-ins for that game, and it is probably the best poker decision I ever made in terms of getting better and making money a lot faster. I think a lot of MSNLers underachieve because of pussy bankroll management

Grow a sack people. If you want to play w/ 100+ buy-ins, good for you. But saying its a terrible idea not to is really stupid
Old 10-09-2007, 08:00 PM

I hadn't thought of the multiple sites issue since I basically only play on stars. If you play a lot of tables and have 4 or 5 different sites, especially now when money is tough to move around, I can see needing to have more. 100 buyins still seems extreme.

But a 10/20 player having 200k at their main site is silly. 100k makes sense I suppose, especially if they don't want to be automatically forced down to 5/10 by losing 10-15 buyins. But not getting interest on that second 100k is a pretty big cost for a little emotional comfort. It's one thing for someone playing 1/2 who wants to move up soon but is being temporarily cautious for whatever reason to leave 15k, but when you're talking six figures, it just doesn't make sense to leave it sitting earning nothing.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:07 PM

well most people dont have only one level they play on and might want to move up at some point in the semi-near future, and depositing tens of thousands of dollars isn't the easiest thing to do(atleast for me).

fwiw I want atleast 50 buyins online for my "main game" and might take shots with 30-40 for the next, so I have to have quite a bit of money online.