Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: OK lets get this ball rolling (AP)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have much of an opinion since I refuse to play "higher" stakes on-line because of this exact possibility.

HOWEVER, I think a couple hundreds hands is way to small a sample size. I've seen poker-tracker stats on several players whose brief run of stats can show them to play completely contrary to what I would "expect".

Furthermore, as much as everyone here respects Schneids... and as thorough as his research was... I do believe that in the last 4 years, anytime an "average" player has called foul about online poker, they have been chastised and crucified for even thinking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weirdly, aren't you the guy who decided that a game at the Cburry was dirty based on like 2 hours of play?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. i'm glad i didn't have to be the one to mention it.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:05 PM

i definitely realized it was the same guy right away, was just too lazy to put effort into calling him out, thanks dids
Old 09-25-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have much of an opinion since I refuse to play "higher" stakes on-line because of this exact possibility.

HOWEVER, I think a couple hundreds hands is way to small a sample size. I've seen poker-tracker stats on several players whose brief run of stats can show them to play completely contrary to what I would "expect".

Furthermore, as much as everyone here respects Schneids... and as thorough as his research was... I do believe that in the last 4 years, anytime an "average" player has called foul about online poker, they have been chastised and crucified for even thinking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weirdly, aren't you the guy who decided that a game at the Cburry was dirty based on like 2 hours of play?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. i'm glad i didn't have to be the one to mention it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony is a lovely thing.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:17 AM

I have probably something to add its not about cheating or so but absolute poker closed my account about 3month ago cause i did some chipdumping which i really didnt do and i cant do anything to reopen it i had about 35k on this site and its really [censored] up. It wouldnt wonder me if there is anything wrong with this site.....
Old 09-29-2007, 05:22 PM

absolute is so incredibly lenient when it comes to punishing people for suspicious behavior that i would not believe you for a second if you said yours was closed for no reason.

the one situation that i know of where they closed a big name account temporarily was pimphand, and that eventually got sorted out. the details surrounding it were not entirely clear, but i would say it is likely that they had good reason to be suspicious.

(not accusing pimphand of doing anything wrong, but it probably _looked_ like he was from their perspective)