Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Re: 200nl - AK flops TP and faces heat from aggro opponent.

[ QUOTE ]
we lose to nothing here imo

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm never ever folding this. You're behind 88/A9 only. And one quad combo. Question is how to get to sd. I'm thinking making a delayed call on the turn hoping to induce one more bluff on the river is fine. C/r turn is fine as well. Just don't fold the river ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you are ahead of what? A very optimistic AQ? Random draws that OP's read rules out? You can't just say "ZOMG WE ONLY LOSE TO A FEW HANDS!!1!!!!1!11"
Old 09-19-2007, 03:10 AM

but we dont lose to any hands at all... he doesnt minraise the flop with a set/2pair on a board that coordinated

he has like AK/Q (outside chance of a weaker Ace vbetting hoping you have KK/QQ too i guess) or he has a busted draw like 100%
Old 09-19-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but we dont lose to any hands at all... he doesnt minraise the flop with a set/2pair on a board that coordinated

he has like AK/Q (outside chance of a weaker Ace vbetting hoping you have KK/QQ too i guess) or he has a busted draw like 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Why not? Him adding another $5 to the bet really changes anything? I'd certainly consider minraising there, given everyone who is willing to felt AK here.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm never ever folding this. You're behind 88/A9 only. And one quad combo. Question is how to get to sd. I'm thinking making a delayed call on the turn hoping to induce one more bluff on the river is fine. C/r turn is fine as well. Just don't fold the river ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you are ahead of what? A very optimistic AQ? Random draws that OP's read rules out? You can't just say "ZOMG WE ONLY LOSE TO A FEW HANDS!!1!!!!1!11"

[/ QUOTE ]
OP said he "feels" villain re-raises strong aces preflop. I believe him. The rest of the post he's going on analysing villain's bet- and raise-sizes, this is not being based on a the actual read of the player.

When he raises the flop he might have a fd, JT, 76, A9/A8/99/88 or air imo. On the flop the combos we're behind are 10 (assuming villain won't call off-suit Ax). On the turn we're ahead of 2 of those and the combos we're behind has decreased to 5. There's tons of FDs and oesd possible though.

I'm going to go ahead and say: ZOMG WE ONLY LOSE TO A FEW HANDS!!1!!!!1!11
Old 09-19-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd certainly consider minraising there, given everyone who is willing to felt AK here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm felting this hand both to a min-raise and a normal sized raise.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:31 AM

As for the analysing of the bet- and raise-sizes. In general a min-raise on the flop is often a draw ime. I agree a draw usually bets a bit more on the turn, but you're behind of so few hands that his bet sizing on the turn isn't a big enough concern to ever consider folding. He might bet this way with A8 that all of a sudden has lost most of it's value. Or maybe Axs. Or maye a draw. We don't know really. But this hand is worth felting. However I agree it would be an even easier decision if villain had bet bigger on the turn. But whatever.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:43 AM

as i was playing the hand, when the 9 hit the turn i actually said to myself "well, that makes 99 less likely".

also, do we think the villain is bluffing, or is he value betting a worse hand? does a hand like Axs value bet this river>?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Why not? Him adding another $5 to the bet really changes anything? I'd certainly consider minraising there, given everyone who is willing to felt AK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

minraising what exactly? honestly im more scared of 55 or 67 than any hand that was ahead of us on the turn
Old 09-19-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, do we think the villain is bluffing, or is he value betting a worse hand? does a hand like Axs value bet this river>?

[/ QUOTE ]
At the river we're mostly hoping he's bluffing. I guess he'll show up with a worse Ax some of the time though. Personally I take action before the river almsot 100% of the time. If I think he's likely to bet the turn with a draw I'm calling and check/raising the turn, otherwise I'm just bombing the flop. Being oop I'm bombimg the flop most often.