Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Can\'t I Just Get My Money out of the Bank?

Lots of money threads, but I don't think anyone has asked this yet. I'm coming out for the WSOP next week, my money is in my Bank of America account. Is there any reason I can't just leave it there, make a quick trip to an LV BofA and get my money when I'm already in Vegas? This seems preferable to me rather than the risks/hassle of traveling with the money or wiring it to the Rio or elsewhere. Plus I'm earning an extra 3 days of interest. Is there something I'm missing?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Can\'t I Just Get My Money out of the Bank?

YES...very easy as long as you have your debit card/valid ID I would assume
Old 06-01-2007, 02:46 PM

Most banks have daily withdrawal limits. Bring your checkbook with you, in case you have to write a check to yourself.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:15 AM

I set up a BoA account specifically for this last year. Not sure if they have any limits at all, but I took out $15K at once and over $40K total and never had a problem
Old 06-04-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most banks have daily withdrawal limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's your money, there aren't any withdrawal limits provided they've got the cash on hand.

Go in to the specific branch (or call ahead) a day early and tell them how much you plan to withdraw. They will adjust their cash delivery for the next day to have what you need on hand.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 AM

A homeless guy wandered in to the LV downtown Bank of America right before I went in a couple years ago and started yelling and urinated on their couch in front of everyone.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:14 PM

Contact your local branch manager and ask him what exactly you need to get access to ALL of your money while you are in Vegas.

Banks are cautious and if the amount of daily withdrawal is significant (10k or more ) They may either take time to verify who you are or limit the amount you have access to (to protect both you and them from possible fraud) so take the time BEFORE you fly out to make sure you have things in place so the Vegas branch will treat you just like the local branch
Old 06-04-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A homeless guy wandered in to the LV downtown Bank of America right before I went in a couple years ago and started yelling and urinated on their couch in front of everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

trip report?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

trip report?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there too. The way it went down was a homeless guy wandered in to the LV downtown Bank of America right before I went in a couple years ago and started yelling and urinated on their couch in front of everyone.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most banks have daily withdrawal limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's your money, there aren't any withdrawal limits provided they've got the cash on hand.

Go in to the specific branch (or call ahead) a day early and tell them how much you plan to withdraw. They will adjust their cash delivery for the next day to have what you need on hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very accurate........if you are withdrawing a large sum of $$$$.....visit your branch in LV,and inform them of the amount ,as they MOST likely need a day or so to have that kind of funds available.
As ADMO said,its YOUR MONEY,and if you want CASH,they must comply with your request!

~stephen