Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

Just had a really horrible week. The whole online poker mess has screwed with my head quite a bit but after a week of catching up on news, drinking, sulking, whatever else, I'm hopefully back to normal.

Time to step it back up. Can't keep up with you 5+mi/dayers, but I definitely need to work on my overall fitness profile.

Rob
Old 01-21-2007, 10:43 PM

Hope no one thinks I am cheating, I will be adding my walks with my dog as I like knowing how far I went. It is like a speed walk, we go pretty fast.

I walk ~3 miles a day with him and will run on top of that.

He is very healthy and reminds me to keep well hydrated. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2007, 01:11 AM

Entity,

Its ok bud, my sensor is about 1.2 miles off on two mile runs and even worse on three mile runs. I ran for 20 minutes and logged a whopping 1.6 miles while the treadmill had me at 2.8. I have been planning on getting the pouch or whatever to see if that helps but have been lazy.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:46 PM

holy damn I need to calibrate and/or get a real sensor pouch (my current "pouch" does make use of duct tape...)

running about 2.75 miles showed up as 1.53, and it stuck me at .97 for almost half a mile. I am pretty stoked about the system though, I can't wait to get it working properly.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Bump. New shoes = need for new calibration, I guess. Ran for a while today and I think it reported me running further than I did (reported 3.6mi vs 3.3mi run).

Running with this group really makes me with I were a better runner. I'll get there someday. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 01-23-2007, 04:35 PM

Also, bump:

Best Power Songs so Far:

Outkast - Bombs over Baghdad (great for interval sprints)
Eminem - Lose Yourself
The Who - Baba O'riley
Eminem - Till I Collapse
Old 01-23-2007, 04:39 PM

I guess I'm the only one without any problems.

I even got new shoes a week or two ago and it's still dead-on accurate.

Also, I'm only 12 miles in, but I already feel huge improvements in my ability. I have a long way to go, but my pace has gone from 5.0 mph (pathetic) in my first real run to 6.7 mph in my last run. I expect to top out around 7.5 mph for my multi-mile runs, but I'd like to shoot for at least one 8 mph or 8.5 mph single-mile run in the next few months. I like getting that Lance Armstrong message at the end of my workouts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 04:42 PM

Last run I went for 5+ miles and I started having a problem with my shoes. I got small blisters on the arches of both feet. I'm kind of nervous to see if that was just a one-time occurrence. I'm running in Saucony Trumph 4s.

Just to encourage others to drink the Kool Aid, the Nike+ system is really accurate for me, usually within plus/minus 5%.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:50 PM

I'm running in these Nike Air Max 180+s and they've been great so far. I had some shin splint issues with my previous shoes and these things cleared those problems up immediately.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm the only one without any problems.

I even got new shoes a week or two ago and it's still dead-on accurate.

Also, I'm only 12 miles in, but I already feel huge improvements in my ability. I have a long way to go, but my pace has gone from 5.0 mph (pathetic) in my first real run to 6.7 mph in my last run. I expect to top out around 7.5 mph for my multi-mile runs, but I'd like to shoot for at least one 8 mph or 8.5 mph single-mile run in the next few months. I like getting that Lance Armstrong message at the end of my workouts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a big part of it (maybe the biggest part of it) is that my terrrain is pretty varied. I live in Seattle, so it's basically impossible to run without encountering hills. Since I run a different route most days (I cycle between 3 or 4 favorites), it's hard for me to get it calibrated super accurately -- I'm just aiming for a good middle ground right now, I guess.

I'll probably take my bike out for a ~1mi spin sometime very soon and get a super accurate measurement, then go by that. Either that or drive (again) to one of the nearby tracks and rather than run 400m to calibrate, run something like 800m or 1600m. That may get a better calibration since it'll take into consideration how my stride changes as I run past the 1/4mi mark into further distances. Dunno.

Rob