Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Belragazo, Fossilman controversy during WCOOP

Hello everybody,

To sum up,
First of all, I would like to apologize to all of you. I think my behavior was excessive and I did not want to hurt anybody.
It was very early in the morning 8 Am and I was extremely tired when the controversy happenned about my 'Kill him'.

Second of all, Greg is a really good player. There was a misunderstanding. Even if i appreciated al lot 'zigi' or 'robroy', for me there was only one man on table: Fossilman.
I did say that I was happy that Greg was out because I felt that I was scared of him and that it made me hesitate to play in situations I would usually win the hands (please ref hands below)
In other words, it was a compliment, even though the words chosen were not the right ones. Do not forget I am a French man and I am a competitor, I also used this sentence:
"i still have u in target". Then I prefer metaphorically say "kill him" than "get him out of the table".
I didn't explain me during the game because i didn't want to loose my concentration (that's what happened when i lost few minutes later at 9am, ready to go to work).

Third of all, there is no controversy about Greg's luck. Here is the hand: Belragazo K K , Fossilman Jc Tc . with 3h Jd 5c on Flop. 2s Turn, Td River
When you look closely at this hand, There are several reasons why Greg did play this way.

I did make a huge reraise PreFlop, then FossilMan commented, "I'm luckier" and called.
On the flop, i play a classic Check-Raise where the opponent has been trapped by making a big bet. he felt obligated to keep raising after his previous comment.
Here is my big mistake: Online u are so happy that u play a fast Raise.
I had to wait some seconds to let him realise: "You are out if you make that call.
But the whole action took place in 2 secs. i made a big Mistake by playing fast. Because better catch half his chips than loosing on a bad beat.

He got his classic 2nd pair on river.
"I was Fair Play, i just commented 'Indeed' after this bad beat.
I never Insulted him here or later.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them on this forum and also discuss with Greg about it. I can also show some of my hands if people would like to see them.

Belragazo (Paris)

below some of the hands i felt frustrated to loose against Fossilman:

Hand # 298
Belragazo: Jd 9d / FossilMan: 3s 4h / Jozoov : Td As
preflop: Jozoov: raises 1780 to 2980 , belragazo: calls, FossilMan: calls
FLOP: Ts 3c Qd FossilMan: checks, Jozoov: checks, belragazo: checks
TURN: 7h FossilMan: checks, Jozoov: checks, belragazo: bets 6000, FossilMan: calls, Jozoov: calls 6000"
RIVER: 6d FossilMan: checks, Jozoov: checks, belragazo: checks
Jozoov showed [Td As] and won (29040) with a pair of Tens

Comments: "If Fossilman was not Involved in this hand i would have made a strong bet on the flop, and Jozoov would have probably folded"

Hand # 299

Belragazo: Ah Qd / FossilMan: 4s 6d / RAYNEE
PREFLOP: RAYNEE: raises 3600 , belragazo: calls, FossilMan: calls 3600
FLOP: Js 3h Th RAYNEE: checks, belragazo: checks, FossilMan: checks
TURN: 4c RAYNEE: checks, belragazo: checks, FossilMan: bets 7200, RAYNEE: folds, belragazo: calls 7200
RIVER: 3s belragazo: checks, FossilMan: checks
FossilMan (button) showed [4s 6d] and won (27900) with two pair, Fours and Threes

comments: "Sick"

Hand # 377

Belragazo(button): 9h 9c / FossilMan(big blind 2000): 7s Ad

PREFLOP: belragazo: raises 4003 to 6003, FossilMan: calls 4003
FLOP: Js Ac 5h FossilMan: checks, belragazo: bets 6321
TURN: Th FossilMan: checks, belragazo: checks
RIVER: 3d FossilMan: checks, belragazo: checks
FossilMan (big blind) showed [7s Ad] and won (27448) with a pair of Aces

comments: " This hand really upseted me, how does he always catch his hand?"

"belragazo: raises 4003 to 6003
FossilMan: calls 4003" Js Ac 5h Th 3d "FossilMan: checks
belragazo: bets 6321 " "FossilMan: checks
belragazo: checks "

Hand # 478

Belragazo: Qh Kd / FossilMan(156966 in chips): 8h 8s / nolberto (241904 in chips): Jd Js

PREFLOP: belragazo: raises 9000 to 15000, FossilMan: raises 141366 to 156366 and is all-in, nolberto: raises 84938 to 241304 and is all-in
belragazo said, "kill him"
FLOP: 4c 9s 2d
TURN: 6h
RIVER: 5h
belragazo said, "yes!!!!!!"

comments: "Did i show my happiness?"
Old 10-05-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Belragazo, Fossilman controversy during WCOOP

Very hard to understand without knowing the exact situation or viewing the table at the time. TBH i wasn't aware there was contraversy with this, as i wasn't aware of it until now and didnt see any posts about it here prior to this. it seems quite obvious that it's simply bad choice of words. Obviously, an overpair wont actually kill greg, and being happy that someone busts out is fair enough (your 1 closer to the money, or if you have last longers etc.) but maybe not best to vocalise it in this way. Greg is on here frequently and im sure any issues with this he will say to you himself.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:47 PM

http://www.pokerlistings.com/more-wc...g-raymer-18995
Old 10-05-2007, 12:54 PM

I watched the whole thing, and you were way out of line. Every one including the World champ suck out from time to time. He did say that he was lucky. You should have let it go and should have taken it with class. It's idiotic to say that he is catching hands and you are rooting for him to go. You sound like a 2$ tourney playing whining about hands.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because better catch half his chips than loosing on a bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not the way of the jedi
Old 10-05-2007, 02:13 PM

It's sad that an article such as the pokerlistings one has to be written about a guy with as much class as Greg.

Because you are the reason Greg's ethics are being questioned in (online) articles, you should feel ashamed about your behavior, Belrazago.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
comments: "Did i show my douchiness?"

[/ QUOTE ]

*waves hand in front of face*

Raymer is not the bad guy here.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In other words, it was a compliment, even though the words chosen were not the right ones. Do not forget I am a French man and I am a competitor, I also used this sentence:
"i still have u in target". Then I prefer metaphorically say "kill him" than "get him out of the table".

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't take it too seriously - it's a culture thing and a "we like to criticize everyone else" thing. People like judging - it's the number 1 human occupation. In all cultures.

My suggestion, if you are going to be playing a lot of poker, is to become more adept at speaking American english and so avoid misunderstandings as much as possible. Of course, few Americans are adept at it, so I can see where this might not seem like a reasonable suggestion. Hang around the forums more, however, and at least you can learn to speak it as poorly as the average American and fit right in. (BTW, in America we never say to kill a poker player, we only suggest killing umpires. But that's a different sport.)

Truth is, this issue is no one's business but your's and Raymer's.

Oh, and it's "explain myself" rather than "explain me." I don't think you owe it to anyone to have to explain either one of those people.

GL

prax