Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: holy [censored], flopped quads!

I know what it means ... but I didn't think you would recomend it on a poker table. I have so much to learn. OP, just be safe OK?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:50 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]there is not humor on this board ... it is only deadly serious poker talk [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

hand 1
you could also raise preflop (at either a tightish table or a donkey table, on a semi-tight I probably just fold)

after two guys check to you in an unraised pot you should generally bet here ... or course an idiot with a Ten here will slow play

hand 2
PF fine
flop fine
turn .. either or (the 6 doesn't change too much, so i don't expect a raise)

hand 3
i slow play in this spot after everyone check the flop ... there is nothing on that board and do not expect to get called my a lot. I want to keep everybody in the pot and hope the turn makes someone a hand

but whatever you do it doesn't really matter

hand 4
OK ... by hand 4 I would normally be like - [censored] these stupid noobs and their god-damn multi post
but other than the stupid quad hand you posted these are OK hands

PF is pretty [censored] ... but whatever
bet the flop
bet/fold the turn ... or check/fold
river sucks so yeah - check ... if not T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and instead a blank I might bet

hand 5
preflop is really crappy (what was I saying about these hands being OK??)
flop could be a fold ... i might raise ... or call
turn is not a raise (why do you think it is0
flop is not a call (you are not getting 12:1)

<font color="red">anyways ... don't post multi-hand questions
at least they weren't all ZMOG i've got some Aces - what do I do</font>
Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 PM

Hand three was played perfectly. I don't know about the rest. Too many of them and too complicated for me.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2, don't bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could Boz or anyone else please explain why you should not bet the flop in this hand with your flush draw ?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:27 PM

nothing wrong with a bet there imo. not sure if he wants to checkraise instead which i think is okay but not quite as good because of our position and the nature of the board.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2, don't bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could Boz or anyone else please explain why you should not bet the flop in this hand with your flush draw ?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you tell me why you WOULD bet the flop, and I'll tell you why THAT'S wrong? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

These are spots where I used to step on it, and after much argument with Miles have decided that it's not optimal. It's not wrong, per se, I'd just rather see the action behind me before I decide what I want to do. Our position is poor, our made hand is weak, none of our draws are to the nuts, and our FE against the field is sub-zero.

fwiw, if I'm in LP and it's checked to me I'll bet it 100%.

Edited to add:

One: In Hand 5, if you think it's ok to call the river, you shouldn't have called the flop.

Two: I just noticed that these are .02/.04 hands. Save the Micros.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:53 PM

Re - Hand 2

[ QUOTE ]
How about you tell me why you WOULD bet the flop, and I'll tell you why THAT'S wrong? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

These are spots where I used to step on it, and after much argument with Miles have decided that it's not optimal. It's not wrong, per se, I'd just rather see the action behind me before I decide what I want to do. Our position is poor, our made hand is weak, none of our draws are to the nuts, and our FE against the field is sub-zero.

fwiw, if I'm in LP and it's checked to me I'll bet it 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have bet the flop because, although you have many opponents, you dont know whether anyone else will bet if you dont.

Your outs are not to the nuts, but with your (3rd nut) flush draw (1 to a str. flush), I would have thought that you probably had an equity edge on the flop to make betting worthwhile.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the flop because, although you have many opponents, you dont know whether anyone else will bet if you dont.

Your outs are not to the nuts, but with your flush draw (1 to a str. flush), I would have thought that you probably had an equity edge on the flop to make betting worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a situation where I'm not too worried about giving out a freebie, and I'd rather know I have an equity edge (by seeing a bet and a couple of calls) before I try to exploit it.

However, I will say that I just looked back at the hand and Hero checking the turn after betting the flop and being called around is pretty bad, given that he just picked up 3 more outs.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:03 PM

All 5 hands show a lack of experience with value betting so grouping them together is quite functional here.

Bottom line for the OP, I would start practicing my value betting skills with pokerstove putting in different situations to see what equity hands have against certain flops and ranges.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 PM

The first thing I'd like to say is that I'm going to stop posting more than 2 hands per post. I'll still post 2 per post because there are so many hands I want to talk about, but I can't dwell for days on end on a single session, I gotta keep moving.

I'd also like to thank everyone who have been helping me time and time again with my game

I tend to be tight/passive because I'm still not deviating much from Sklansky's starting hands charts. I haven't finished his book yet, or read all the stickies in this forum.

I'll also post my PT stats for the regulars out there

Tight-Passive/Aggressive, .02/.04 LHE, 1,000 hands
vpip - 16.10
vp from sb - 26.09
folded sb to steal - 50
att. to steal blinds - 6.06
won $ wsf% - 29.33
bb/100 hands - 7.13
went to sd% - 30.22
won $ at sd% - 67.65
pfr% - 4.5
flop af - 2.3