Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul Action Thread

I didn't say these pole's mean anything, I'm just saying you're underestimating his support. It's out there and he's no where near the bottom end... he's actually "rumored" to be up to tier 2 now.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:20 AM

who gives a damn about the war? i happen to support the war. if all u fanantical leftwingers calling for an end to the war put all that energy and effort into marches and demonstrations to keep online poker legal, and to support wexlers bill, the world would be a better place.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What? The latest FoxNews/OpinionDynamics poll shows Rep. Paul with 2%. I will grant you that is an increase from his 1% result in May.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being pretty selective with your biased view. Following image taken immediately after the debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correctly surmising that I put much more value in a scientifically sampled poll than internet and mobile texting polls like the ones you're touting. I suppose time will tell who is right.

Legislurker above puts forth a perfectly appropriate view of supporting Rep. Paul, IMO. But those posters who are "sunshine pumping" here and implying that Rep. Paul's strength in internet and mobile phone polls is indicative of his true support amongst voters who vote in primaries are very wrong in my opinion, formed by years of poll watching and enthusiastic following of politics.

It is not that I dislike Rep. Paul -- I have often been a fan of his speeches and votes in the House. But seeing him portrayed on this forum as a surging and relevant candidate in his party's primary is completely out of touch with the rest of the political press AND the data from scientific polling.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:41 AM

Ron Paul also lacks what it takes POST-NH to win. Witness McCain 00. You win the fickle NH vote, or come in around 20%.
Then where do you go? [censored] backasswards SC where a rumour of coffee in the family tree can lose you 2/3 of the primary voters. Nevada. Califoria has moved up its primary. You need a network of volunteers and paid workers. You need $. He could win big in NH, and then drop huge. You get 18 months to campaign in Iowa and NH. Those guys are almost professional voters. You get days to transition to a lightning national campaign. That is the single biggest hurdle to an unknown in the two parties. I really want to meet these people putting down bets on him to win at 15-1. Then sell my kidney to play poker with them.