Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: WSOP #15 $1,500 NLHE

Everybody is assuming that I gave him a cheap turn to get his 10 on the River to beat me.

What if I was behind preflop or on the flop?

Do I really want to play a pot for all my chips with Q-Q 20 minutes into a three day tournament with 60 minute levels?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:19 PM

yes
Old 06-11-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you got an overpair vs top pair situation 60BB deep in a 3 way pot that was raised twice, and somehow you didn't get it in by the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
haha. this thread makes me excited to play this week

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, bond would have gotten it in on the turn, (and then the ten would hit with certainty)
Old 06-11-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody is assuming that I gave him a cheap turn to get his 10 on the River to beat me.

Do I really want to play a pot for all my chips with Q-Q 20 minutes into a three day tournament with 60 minute levels?

[/ QUOTE ]
These things are basically crapshoots after 3 hours anyway. Play the Venetian Deepstacks if you want to get more play for your $$, this is a spot to get it in. Also, I highly doubt he plays AA or KK like that, especially. Don't play these if you aren't prepared to be on the rail 20mins in if the situation calls for it
Old 06-12-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, my.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

These things are basically crapshoots after 3 hours anyway. Play the Venetian Deepstacks if you want to get more play for your $$, this is a spot to get it in. Also, I highly doubt he plays AA or KK like that, especially. Don't play these if you aren't prepared to be on the rail 20mins in if the situation calls for it

[/ QUOTE ]

LOl oh to make it 20 mins in any of these tourneys.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely. The only way i lay down QQ here, is if the PF action was vastly different. i.e. original raiser makes it 150, you raise, then the third person reraises again, orginal raiser shoves, then back to you... that's about the only way I'd consider laying down here. As played, you have to put the other 2 as calling with either unpaired high cards, middle PP's, or suited connectors.

As played, someone probably has AT or JT as one poster mentioned. One person may have slow played a set, or have been chasing a straight (and missed) with 98s.

With these stack sizes and as played, I agree with everyone on here that you should have got your money in on the turn. You also shouldn't be folding that river based on the size of the pot. Not only that, but if you do, you'll have less than 1k in chips, and be virtually unable to recover...

Close your eyes, call, and pray one villain has JJ, and the other has 98.

The only other time I may fold in this situation, is if I'm in the ME with a stack of 10k. Then at least you're deep enough to recover back. with 3k, and 2/3rds already out there, I think you have to call here. Then when you bust, go play a satellite to get into the next event.