Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: The US needs to die.

Your gouverment only told you that the world hates america, in fact the most people like americans. But your weapon-lobby need enemies to sell weapons [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When you look at the USA government, you are looking at the USA people.
It's a reflection.
If you don't like the government, you don't like the people; at least the pervading majority.

[/ QUOTE ]

The US government is not elected by a majority. They are elected by a plurality of those who are legally able to and actually do vote. And it's also not a national voting system either. We use an archaic electoral system such that your vote only counts towards your state's vote. As a result, the previous election was decided by an extremely small minority of the united states and in only two out of the fifty states. Oh yeah, and in those two states: one apparently 'lost' the registration for thousands of voters who would not have supported the current regime, and in the other state there was a massive discrepancy between the exit polls and what the actual results were.

So saying the US government is a reflection of the 'pervading majority' is just plain ignorant.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I shouldn't be surprised though. I just came back from Canada after setting up a Canadian bank account and Neteller account. That's too bad. Oh well, I needed to setup a new Canadian bank account anyway.

Many of you laugh at this but it has merit. I don't think the US government has to necessarily tell Neteller to stop operating in Canada. I can see a seneario where they US government put pressure on the Canadian government. They do this all the time. It's conceivable that they asked the Canadian government to cooperate with them. The two countries are allies you know? They have an extradition treaty.

It's also not uncommon for the US government to coerce other governments, mainly their close allies, to act a certain way or face tarrifs on imports or face some other punitive measure. The tactics used by the US doesn't even have to be punitive. It could be incentive based. They are the most powerful and wealthiest government. The accusation isn't far fetched.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a proud Canadian. The OP is asinine.

This quote by RuFFNeXX makes a lot of sense though.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When you look at the USA government, you are looking at the USA people.
It's a reflection.
If you don't like the government, you don't like the people; at least the pervading majority.

[/ QUOTE ]

The US government is not elected by a majority. They are elected by a plurality of those who are legally able to and actually do vote. And it's also not a national voting system either. We use an archaic electoral system such that your vote only counts towards your state's vote. As a result, the previous election was decided by an extremely small minority of the united states and in only two out of the fifty states. Oh yeah, and in those two states: one apparently 'lost' the registration for thousands of voters who would not have supported the current regime, and in the other state there was a massive discrepancy between the exit polls and what the actual results were.

So saying the US government is a reflection of the 'pervading majority' is just plain ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're ignoring the whole Congress thing. You know -- the body of Government that passed this law? The one with 535 members split between two bodies?

Inasmuch as majority view can be measured in periodic elections, the US Government represents it.

Sure there are limits to what *any* electoral system can measure. But that argument is minimally relevant here.

There are objections to the Presidential system with the electoral college. There are objections to the Senate system whereby my state of CA gets 2 members and tiny states also get 2 members. There are objections to the HR district lines too. Heck, there are objections to voter eligibility laws, such as felons who cannot vote. And of course, there are the many eligible voters who, mostly through their own choice, don't vote.

But the system was crafted through compromise and works well to reflect the will of the electorate.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the system was crafted through compromise and works well to reflect the will of the corporations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatevs.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever your fascist government wants to do within your own borders, go ahead. But stop fking forcing foreign companies from operating in foreign countries. It's none of your gd business. Neteller's exit from Canada was clearly forced upon them by the American DoJ as part of the settlement in the US.

What a joke of a country.

(I like Americans, but your government is a complete disgrace)

[/ QUOTE ]

I;m trying to disagree with you, but I can't...
Old 03-26-2007, 03:01 PM

THEY TOOK OUR JOOOOBBBSSS!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Canadian government has announced plans on taxing Canadian Royalty Trusts, immediately reducing the value of these stocks SIGNIFICANTLY. This has already hurt many persons in Canada especially the elderly, and those of us in the USA who have holdings. This action is being driven by your Finance minister, and from my vantage point is NOT the will of the people by a wide margin. Is your "fascism" rhetoric going to apply to your own country now? Or does your government's money grab from these trusts not matter to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Energy trusts had an unfair tax advantage over many companies and unless the tax laws were modified even telecoms/utilities etc were planning to form "trusts". Large corporate investors took the brunt of the change.

I for one am happy the playing field was levelled. My portfolio was properly diversified so impact was minimal as should be anyones...especially those closer to retirement.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THEY TOOK OUR JOOOOBBBSSS!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I, for one, will pass.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will these fascict nazis ever stop? I fear not. Thanks for saying what we've all been thinking..

[/ QUOTE ]

Go [censored] yourself you [censored] [censored] bag. When your on any other needs aid who sends the most money. If your country was invaded guess who would help. I wish some foriegn piss of [censored] like you would say this in public because I would slap the taste out of your mouth!
Closed Thread