Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 08:10 PM

Default QJ missed draw river bluff

Okay I figured this hand was semi interesting. Normally I fold pre flop, but I was already tilted so whatever, so please dont tell me to fold pre flop or it might perma tilt me. Villain ran at 19/19/3.6. I figured if I was going to try this on a villain, might as well be a tight one. I wanna say this is spewy regardless, but want to see what people think. In hindsight, I think I should have bet a little stronger on turn but not sure how much of a difference that makes.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $38.85
SB: $43.70
Hero (BB): $28.60
UTG: $10.10
MP: $29
CO: $23.95

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1, CO folds

Flop: ($2.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.25</font>, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($7.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.45</font>, SB calls $4.45

River: ($16.15) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>
Old 11-01-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: QJ missed draw river bluff

I like this bluff and I don't mind the call pre with position on the SB. I would bet a little more on the turn more like $6 but other than that I realy like the way you played this hand.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:22 PM

the two is like the worst card ever for you to that.
villain raised preflop, bet flop and call turn: looks like top pair or overpair to me.
Now with that two he beats whatever two pair you had. only a set or flush beats him, and flushes and set raise flop most of the time I think.
He has stat of someone who now waht is doing you're getting called a lot.
fold flop your draw is worthless, if and heart hit, your straight as no value and the board is scary so you're not guaranted to get his stack..
If you call flop it's mainly to float and bluff turn. You did it, it did not work, check river.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:24 PM

I really this we see AhKx or some Khx a lot calling down to the river here.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 PM

I think maybe I like it. (How's that for an authoritative response!) PF is questionable w/ CO left to act, but it worked out ok. I think villain played flop/turn like AK/AQ so there's a good chance you'll pick this up on the river.

Probably a high variance play but there's some value in it.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:27 PM

I know why I called flop. I did exactly what I planned on doing on the turn. If the flop wasnt monotone, I would check river, but I think the hand is more interesting than that. I dont even beat A high here, which honestly was mostly what I was looking to fold out. Villains line could easily be indicative of a whiffed nut flush draw. I also think that if villain knows what he is doing, then getting him to folding top pair is not unreasonable, but again, I was tilted and now Im just trying to justify it. I guess I could be wrong here but I dont think its as simple as if the board were rainbow. And I dont think my draw is completely useless, if I hit one of the 6 outs then I beat everything except for a flopped flush and Im not sure how big a flopped flush is in his range, especially how the hand played out.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:39 PM

your draw is not useless but has less value even if you hit, since villain is going to slowdonw has he did with top pair/overpair hands, you have to keep it in my mind.
you can defenitely call flop as villain is often Cbetting complete air on that board.
Trying to fold out top pair or better is very risky
I see what your doing if your trying to fold out ace high, I but your betsizing is wrong: 7 dollars is enough
Old 11-01-2007, 08:42 PM

Well I mean I dont want to fold out ONLY A high [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I figured my line could easily look like a flopped flush seeing as villain and I have no history. I think a smaller bet gets called by top pair all day long, but it definitely is risky to try to get him to fold that. His stats suggested he was tag and I thought most tags can fold top pair given how the hand played out.