View Poll Results: RB2?
Henry vs Houston 8 88.89%
Washington vs CLE 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Did He Touch Home?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There was one shot where it looked like his hand got over the catchers foot and hit the tip of the plate, but there was a lot of dirt. The ump had the perfect view if this is what happened.

And WTF no high def cameras for the home double?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to change the subject but i didnt get to see any of the game just the highlights. Was the game in HD?

A friend of mine was telling me that the playoffs on TBS will not be in HD. Any truth to this? This would piss me off!

[/ QUOTE ]

TBSHD exists, but most people (including myself) don't get it.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:00 AM

Watched the replay like 15 times. Pretty confident he didn't touch it. Obviously not positive. I think it could be figured out if someone had a telestrator that drew like a neon line on the corner of the plate or something.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At first I thought he completely missed the plate, but after watching a few replays it looked like his hand swiped the plate right under Barrett's foot. IF there had been instant replay, probably too inconclusive to reverse.

And LOLOL at thinking Barrett was illegally blocking (or "obstructing") the plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

god you're such a retarded douchebag. his very next post had both the rule and a statement that he was wrong and in no way blocking (or "obstructing" [make sure to include quotes for patronizing effect!])

[/ QUOTE ]

Might want to lay off the habaneros there, slick. I see that he retracted it, but why on earth would he have ever even thought it was obstruction to begin with? It was a textbook example of a catcher blocking the plate.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:02 AM

Sykes,
You''re argument is the
Well the Padres screwed up earlier so it doesn't matter that the umps screwed up.
What if the coins were flipped. Well Matt Holliday misplayed a ball in the OF and they gave up a two run HR so they had plenty of chances.
To give you and idea of stupid similar arguments it's like Bill Simmons the call on the tuck rule is irrelevant since Oakland couldn't convert from second and 2 and than after the fact gave up two scoring drives.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 AM

Question:

I changed the chan instantly to watch Heroes afer the game was over, so I've seen zero replays.

Here's what I saw.

Holliday comes in, misses plate, is about to go back and touch plate and likely would have before he could be tagged, but ump calls him safe before he can move.

If that's the case, I have a hard time getting too upset at the call.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holliday said he got stepped on. Barrett's foot gave way after he tried to block off Holliday's hand. So it's possible he got his hand in, but it sure looked like he didn't. The on-deck batter's look makes me think he felt Holliday didn't touch home, but maybe that was just a reaction to there being no call by the umpire.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me Holliday's reaction was that he didn't touch either. He looked kind of upset and for some reason I thought that he thought he was out. I can't trust the catchers reaction because he didnt hear a call and just kept going.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus Holliday even said he wasn't sure if he touched it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked like his face hit the dirt hard enough for him to think he was in France for a few moments there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad finally someone pointed this out. I doubt he touched it but Holliday is probably the last one there to know for sure...he was dragging his bottom lip across the dirt for a few feet there.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question:

I changed the chan instantly to watch Heroes afer the game was over, so I've seen zero replays.

Here's what I saw.

Holliday comes in, misses plate, is about to go back and touch plate and likely would have before he could be tagged, but ump calls him safe before he can move.

If that's the case, I have a hard time getting too upset at the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was more like, Holliday lied there half unconscious, Barrett was about to apply the tag, ref finally makes his mega-delayed safe call and Barrett never finishes the motion.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 AM

The blown call(s) do matter

But I don't feel the umps gave the Rox the game

You need to freaking be able to make the correct calls in a 163rd game though for crying out loud

Get a better angle on both the HR and the play at the plate, that level of umpiring is inexcusable in a big game like that
Old 10-02-2007, 11:34 AM

He absolutely did not touch the plate. I think Holliday knew it, but he thought that if he made a move toward the plate he was going to get tagged and it would be obvious he hadn't touched the plate and he would be called out. So, he stayed where he was and hoped for the best. Also, he was in a daze from his face-plant.

Ump blew the call, but I think they blew the HR call earlier, too. Colorado deserved to win the game, I don't think the outcome is "unfair".
Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Bud Black had about the 2nd best angle on that play, and said he thought Holliday did get a piece of the plate.

But if SIX umps can't see a ball hit a wheelchair, you expect them to be able to see through dust?