Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 04:37 PM

Default AA interesting spot (3/6 NL)

Okay, I think this hand is pretty interesting because of the table dynamics.

First, here's the hand itself:

Full Tilt Poker
$3/$6 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $2425.10
Hero (MP): $1596.20
CO: $1352.60
BTN: $2752.35
SB: $692.75
BB: $787

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($9, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $18</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $74</font>, CO calls $74, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $56

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($231, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $150</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $425</font>

FWIW, CO thought for a while before raising, his 15 second warning went off.

UTG is one of the worst players I've seen since Party, he's 60/40 3.0!, will call any amount of pre flop action with any two cards, will try to make horrible bluffs with any two, etc. He has also been running sick hot, building a $3k stack at one point.

The table consists of 4 regulars and the uberdonk. There is a tremendous amount of preflop cold calling going on with everyone trying to hit a hand, because of the stack sizes and spewing going on by the donk. This includes ALOT of cold calling of 3 bets with cards that can make a big hand.

CO is a regular, running about 25/18 3.0. We have not tangled at the table so far, the pots we've been in have been pretty straight forward. I don't have a great read on him yet, but I get the feeling he is probably a little tighter than 25/18 because of the amount of cold calling going on, he is certainly steamed at the donk, and has a solid understanding of the hands he can play pre flop because of the huge implied odds. In short: I believe his range to call my 3bet is pretty damn wide because he KNOWS the donk is calling 100% of the time.

CO knows I'm multitabling, and sees me as a 22/16 TAG. If he is paying attention, I suspect he knows that I'm a thinking player based on my play against donk. I have been cold calling the donk alot for implieds, and 3 betting for value with stronger hands. I have not been trying to get fancy, I am trying to stack donk 200bb+ deep.

Also, just for fun, here are a couple hands to show you the quality of the donkey:

6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

BTN: $2314
Hero (SB): $540
BB: $3210.6
UTG: $2335.05
MP: $657.75
CO: $611

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($9, 6 players)
UTG calls $6, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $21, BB calls $18, UTG calls $18

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($96, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $96</font>, Hero calls $96, BB folds, UTG folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($288, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all in for $2,194</font>, Hero calls all in for $423
Uncalled bet of $1771 returned to BTN

<font color="black">River:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($1134, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Results:</font>
BTN had 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Fours)
Hero had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Fours) and won $1,131
Final Pot: $1131.00 ($3.00 rake)

Full Tilt Poker
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

SB: $3124.1
Hero (BB): $930.2
UTG: $1125.60
MP: $2716.35
CO: $701.75
BTN: $1017

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($9, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $3, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30</font>, SB calls $24

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($60, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $60</font>, SB calls $60

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($180, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $150</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $300</font>, Hero calls $150

<font color="black">River:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($780, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $276</font>, Hero calls $276

<font color="black">Results:</font>
SB had 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Tens)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Tens) and won $1,329
Final Pot: $1329.00 ($3.00 rake)
Old 03-01-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: AA interesting spot (3/6 NL)

what did utg do after co raised
Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 PM

Sorry, he folded.

I will note that that stupid idiot could call with a naked 8c. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 04:47 PM

i think that if your read is right here with the donmk that a good idea is to call here, foldign would be 2 tight and then if the turn is a non club u can play it very agressively. On the flop if u set him all in and he calls ur equity isnt that good even against the non flush hands so i prefer to wait until the turn to play this very agressively
Old 03-01-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that if your read is right here with the donmk that a good idea is to call here, foldign would be 2 tight and then if the turn is a non club u can play it very agressively. On the flop if u set him all in and he calls ur equity isnt that good even against the non flush hands so i prefer to wait until the turn to play this very agressively

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to note, the raiser is not the donkey. My point with the donkey discussion is to try to explain table conditions and how I felt that affected hand ranges here.

Not sure if you misunderstood who the hand was against or not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 05:23 PM

surely his range is still mostly big pairs, with the CC pre, right?

in a normal situation, i would call, and bomb a blank turn (most likely shoving)

here, I think it's a lot closer since it sucks to give up a big stack when you have the jesus seat on the megadonk with a big stack, and since apparently his CCing range is a bit wider, and contains a lot more hands that have us in bad-&gt;realbad shape

the fact that you lose so much future EV when you lose this pot might swing it to a fold
Old 03-01-2007, 05:25 PM

Looks like a pretty easy fold. If he had a nut draw and half a brain he'd want to keep the donkey in there. It'd also be a super ballsy bluff. You flip with things like XcX.

It's definitely a spot for a call and not a raise if you decide to play on.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Umm, Reraise pot, I have AA, Im allin.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 PM

If CO is paying attention like you were saying, what is he putting you on? Have you been reraising the donk with all kinds of hands or is he likely to view your play here as a big pair? Unless you have been 3 betting the donk a lot preflop to isolate and then c-bet the flop frequently (which I don't think is necessarily a great way to play the donk), I'm folding this pretty quickly.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, Reraise pot, I have AA, Im allin.

[/ QUOTE ]
barf