Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ever tell your dad that you love him?
yes 208 66.67%
no 104 33.33%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2006, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Your opinion of OSU - UM game

[ QUOTE ]
Forced mistakes are one thing, but a snap bouncing off a face mask isn't something attributable to the opposition and isn't likely to be repeated in a rematch.

[/ QUOTE ]

But very few teams go through an entire game without at least one random idiotic thing going wrong. So yeah, these fluke plays affect games, but it's not like the fluke plays never happen. The facemask thing might not happen again, but something else crazy might. I'm not sure if I'm making sense here.

I recall someone on 2+2 many moons ago cautioning against thinking you were close to winning a bet because of seemingly fluke plays. I think he said something about "predictable uncommon events."
Old 11-20-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I said this in the other thread but...

talking about controversial penalties UM got quite a few to go there way on big plays...roughing the center WTF.. and the refs missed a huge facemask on Troy Smith.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, roughing the center can be an extremely dangerous penalty. That's why it's penalized so heavily. You can break your neck taking a direct shot to the helmet while standing up.

It's very rarely seen, but there's no doubt that call was correct.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:50 AM

Since I hate both teams equally, I can objectively say that OSU was clearly the better team.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I hate both teams equally, I can objectively say that OSU was clearly the better team.

[/ QUOTE ]

well....I hate Michigan more than tOSU, but I had money on Michigan. I definitely dislike both schools quite a bit. Does that make me objective?

I thought tOSU was clearly better and I'm glad I somehow 'sucked out' a win against the spread in this.

Oh yeah, the last pass interference call verse Ohio State was weak. I think that is called less than a third of the time in that situation. Oh well, hooray for garbage time TDs to cover the spread! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2006, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ok...side note

if the MIchigan player is not flying head first towards Troy Smith, do you think Troy misses the guy wide open for the first down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...yes? If Shawn Crable cranes his neck up about 15 degrees and leads with his shoulder pads instead of his face mask, does that really make a difference? I understand why referees are instructed to call that foul every time, but it's not as if it was a particularly vicious or reckless hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are way off and clearly biased. it was an obvious penalty. he hit the qb late and clearly on the helmet. whats to argue? sure, it sucks for such a stupid play to have such crucial impact on a game but thats sports. as an osu fan i wasnt really happy for such a gift but i cant imagine how anyone can say it was undeserved without being a sore loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think he was saying it shouldnt have been a penalty. he was just responding to the guy claiming smith woulda completed the pass if not for the penalty.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

talking about controversial penalties UM got quite a few to go there way on big plays...roughing the center WTF.. and the refs missed a huge facemask on Troy Smith.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, roughing the center can be an extremely dangerous penalty. That's why it's penalized so heavily. You can break your neck taking a direct shot to the helmet while standing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had never heard of this penalty until Saturday nor had most of my friends. It was a big WTF? moment but we took it. 1 2 3 Move the chains Move the chains MOVE THE CHAINS!
Old 11-20-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had never heard of this penalty until Saturday nor had most of my friends. It was a big WTF? moment but we took it. 1 2 3 Move the chains Move the chains MOVE THE CHAINS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but if you are going to say that call was correct then you also have to say the call on the UM guy helmet to helmet against Troy Smith was correct.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but if you are going to say that call was correct then you also have to say the call on the UM guy helmet to helmet against Troy Smith was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:14 PM

yahoo columnist Dan Wetzel has a decent article on this topic
Old 11-21-2006, 11:48 PM

what i hate about that article is how he says the only reason Mich stayed in the game was because of 3 OSU turnovers. and not that Mich defense had anything to do with causing those turnovers. what a retarded article.

it was a great game, but lets give Mich some credit for hanging with the #1 team in the most hostile stadium in the country a day after Bo died.