Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 10:51 PM

Default BIG river decision

CO is solid: 20/6/1.6
BB is obviously not: 60/19/1.2

After my admittedly loose cold-call preflop, I insta-raised everything until the river.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (22 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>,

Hero vomits and ?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:00 PM

Default Re: BIG river decision

Your asking if you should 3-bet right?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:05 PM

Why are we 3 betting sean? This is a crying call and nothing more. Of course if I am wrong, I eagerly await the explanation so you can edumacate me.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:05 PM

I don't like the flop c/r
Old 11-06-2006, 11:06 PM

Lol, this is not a big river decision. By the way, it is almost impossible that CO is a solid player. There is not a single hand that I can think of that warrants the action he is giving, and a flush is certainly not something he should have after the turn cap.

7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is the only hand that is reasonable, but that's not really something I expect a 20/6/1.6 player to raise preflop. But the same is true for 44, 55 or 66..... It's a weird hand, but I think it doesn't really matter what you do on the river as long it isn't folding.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. I lead the flop here.

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we 3 betting sean? This is a crying call and nothing more. Of course if I am wrong, I eagerly await the explanation so you can edumacate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only flush hand that makes sense for villain would be 78hh. What hands is he still going crazy with on the turn?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So, how often do you see a solid player capping the turn with a flush draw?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:11 PM

Looking at his stats, he almost has to have QQ here. 78hh is not even an option with someone who only raises 6% of their hands preflop.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So, how often do you see a solid player capping the turn with a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't normally. But if I trust the read that this guy is not a maniac, you have to assume he knows the flush is out there, and he has seen our straight from the get go.....why would he be raising unless he has no fear of any of it. Unless he is a total donk I see no reason not to trust him here.