Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 11:45 PM

Default AlwaysAir: The Aftermath

I'm not very sure where to start - the only logical thing to do is start from the top. My name is Jason Lavallee, and I'm a poker player. Yup yup, that's my real name and I've been going through hell with this poker community thing for awhile - and I got sick of it.

It started off with a website thing (I'm too lazy/pissed to find the link to use the search button you lazy [censored]) - which I wasnt guilty in any way, maybe except me not taking into consideration that if I dont log on for 3 days ppl might start looking me up in the phonebook. Needless to say when I got back from my poker vacation, I had 81 emails regarding the subject (no exageration) and I had a lot of holes to patch up. I was suprised that JKRANTZ, the beloved coach and owner of 3-bet didn't defend me when I did actualy told him that I was leaving for awhile. So much for loyalty.

Another frustration came with 3-bet - the idea behind it: great but let's just say that our relashionship wasn't the best in the world. Mostly due to poor organisational skills or maybe just laziness, I often wasn't paid for 2 weeks and had to bring it up countless times - and of course wanting to get paid is something no one else wants but me.

[ Note: I never skimmed anything from the students you gave to me krantz, the DISCOUNED rates I was giving were to students that pmed me through sites or referrals hence I was freelancing, and you didnt have any [censored] thing to do with any $ I made off of it so back the [censored] off ]

So far, it was mostly a set of circumstances and being surrounded by idiots that lead to my downfall - everything past that I assume full responsability for. I was fed up, with life, poker, relashionships, and a few other issues that I discuss with ppl im a little more familiar with (That includes prop bets ppl dont fallow up on and shady rakeback [censored]). But without getting into too many details, I said [censored] it closed all my accounts, changed emails closed everything and left the community - which didn't really solve any of my frustrations.

Then I sign on AIM tonight, looking to pay back everyone I owed money to. Being pretty emotional it touched me when some of my students actualy offered some help and support vs the problems I was facing and I realised that I had to clear this up, not for anyone else but myself. A selfish quest one might say but I had to do it.

So am I an [censored]? Yes

Should I be forgiven? I probably wouldnt forgive myself

Am I going to hide switch SNs on everysite and stop coaching? No, I guess this is my way to man up and no run away from my problems.

Am I busto? No but close

To be honest, I feel like I'm rambling on for ages here and I'm really sure what I'm trying to accomplish, so maybe I can just answer some specifics you guys might have (if any).

I'd just like to end this by saying that I really dont have a "con" bone in my body, and I'm sorry everyone I hurt in the process and I hope you appreaciate my honesty.

And to the students who PMed me kind words today, I love you guys your the online reason I'm here.

AA
Old 12-13-2006, 11:52 PM

Default Re: AlwaysAir: The Aftermath

no one care
Old 12-13-2006, 11:53 PM

Old 12-13-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one care

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yves.

this is a serious question.

are you actually any good at poker?

the reason i ask is because i feel like if i needed 3k I could grind it in like a day pretty easily.

so are you any good? i mean, to be a coach you have to be decent, right?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:00 AM

Maybe you should coach AE?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no one care

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yves.

this is a serious question.

are you actually any good at poker?

the reason i ask is because i feel like if i needed 3k I could grind it in like a day pretty easily.

so are you any good? i mean, to be a coach you have to be decent, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say I'm an [censored], a douche, a bad human being for all I care. But calling me a bad coach is something you cant do.

People can question my ethics but I dare you to find 1 student that wasn't satisfied with what I had to offer.

[censored]
Old 12-14-2006, 12:13 AM

beat: laval. Seriosuly, move to the city, go to school. Youll be happier.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
beat: laval. Seriosuly, move to the city, go to school. Youll be happier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am moving actualy -
Old 12-14-2006, 12:14 AM

oh, and I understand how you think since they came to you directly you dont have to pay a percentage, but thats not how it works if you sign up for some sort of program like that. You did [censored] krantz over by doing that bro.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:14 AM

jason, you're out of your mind. throughout our entire 'relationship' you've been ridiculously sketchy. as far as paying you, that was back when we were first getting started and justin was doing a [censored] job as admin. despite that, i kept you updated every single day in the face of your incessant whining about getting paid (if you really played and won as high as you said you did, why the [censored] would you care about waiting a few extra days to get paid for coaching?). Dude, I even offered to front the money myself once or twice if you really couldn't wait. I COMMUNICATED with you.

You, on the other hand, continued to be totally shady, and completely disappear (and start a new 2p2 name, no less) in the midst of two separate and significantly shady situations.

I shouldn't even dignify your 2-year old behavior but I don't want your poor conduct to reflect negatively on myself and the rest of the people who are doing a great job coaching for us. I suppose it was my own fault and my own naivete to bring you on board without making sure you were actually a player and winner at the stakes you claimed.

Anyone burned by Jason by way of 3-bet - feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to work something out with you.