Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 PM

Default 25/25 deep-ish PL - crappy flush OOP

Fourhanded. This hand involves me and a somewhat loose regular whose main game isn't holdem.

I'm in the BB with 8k, he covers UTG/CO. I'm stuck a bunch and have been folding mostly, he's up a little and has been playing lots of hands. Relatively little threebetting has been going on compared to online - in fact barely anyone has done it except for the rich businessman to my right (frequently, getting little respect) and myself (rarely, with better results).

Villain straddled a lot, but not this time. He opens for 100. Sometimes he opens for 75, but I have not been able to determine a pattern.

Button and SB fold, and I pot to 325 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Ususally the businessman called the raise (and the threebet), so I felt my opportunities to threebet-bluff this guy were limited. He calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (not 100% sure, but this type of board in general)
Pot 675

I bet 400, he calls

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Pot 1475

I bet 1k, he makes it 3k
Old 10-22-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: 25/25 deep-ish PL - crappy flush OOP

i probably push, he probably has KQ rather than a flush here or something like AdKx, you bet on the come and got the flush i cant see you folding or flat calling here.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:49 PM

Villain is either bluffing or has you beat here usually I think, which makes me want to call here and c/c any non d river. A d on the river certainly complicates things though, so shoving is probably fine too, but I think we gain more value here by giving him rope to bluff his chips off. Also, do you think he would ever fold a slightly higher flush to a turn shove?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, do you think he would ever fold a slightly higher flush to a turn shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

Preflop is obviously pretty terrible, but I would push here and be pretty happy about it. Pair+draws, KQ, maybe sets, maybe air makes up a large part of his range.