Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Lenny or Carl?
Lenny 89 54.60%
Carl 74 45.40%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: My ability to start threads in BBV4life

So, does twoplustwo as a whole hate the gays or is it just dids? At least, that's pretty much the basis for all his arguments so far.. Just curious so I know if I need to start the boycott.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6- Remember that this is a message board tied to a for profit publishing company that wants to make mad loot. As such you can't do anything you want to, and some things that I might think are a damn laugh riot aren't ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dids,

At least have the balls to admit you're containing EricW for arbitrary reasons. To claim his posts are hurting 2+2 financially is nothing short of ridiculous. His posts, as objectionable as you might find them on a personal level, are always innocuous and they DO tend to generate traffic. As such, I would argue that containing EricW is actually detrimental to 2+2's bottom line, if only marginally so.

Also, to the guys who have made the profound realization that EricW is taking on a gimmick persona: Congrats! You're real [censored] geniuses. The question should be whether his posts are hurting the forum, and as long as almost everybody that responds to his OP's are in on his little game, I fail to see how they're hurtful. It'd be different if he assumed the role of a neo-nazi and started posting about how the Holocaust never happened.

As it is, EricW may be a sad, sad guy who should probably get a life, but as long as Dids seems to be the only BBV4LIFE contributer that strongly objects to him, I fail to see why he should be contained or banned.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:34 AM

nazi reference ban
Old 09-27-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nazi reference extermination

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-27-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once you have a clear cut definition of what BBV4lyfe is, and force everyone to adhere to it, then go ahead and ban me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't seem to get it: I will ban you and any other poster for sucking based on some arbitrary criteria I pull out of my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is what is wrong with the modding in BBV4L in my opinion. As many have mentioned, BBV4L is like the dos house of 2+2 and random [censored] as T-God said gets posted. Sometimes its a hit, sometimes its a miss, but if you just ban people or lock/delete threads just because you think they suck, then you aren't doing the job right.
If something is offensive or breaks the general forum rules etc. then ban/lock/delete away obv.

Eric W makes some crappy posts, but makes some hilarious ones too, I'm pretty sure it's the same with most people.

But when one mod just decides, well I don't find this funny it must suck. Then go for the ban stick then it's just bs. The Eric W threads, even if the OP is weak, often create lots of replies and the funny comes later in the thread.

I made a new thread the other day (which I do very infrequently) and I thought it was funny, it already got a good amusing response from Lori (who's humour I think is really great) and then my thread got locked. No note from a mod in the thread or no PM for explanation. Again, I didn't break any of the BBV4L rules. Just 1 mod decided that he didn't like the post and so he locked it.

The same thing is happening here with Eric. I'm certainly not one of his fan boys, but the mods need to have set policies about nuking threads and banning people so that people know where they are at and so that every poster can be held accountable to the same level.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
besides the obvi fact his are somewhat made up?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually a fairly critical component. What's the difference between play money and real money poker besides the obvious fact that you can win or lose money at the latter?

Plus, I think you can judge by the replies that people like my writing style and they must have some kind of endearing quality to them because people offer some good advice and genuinely seem sympathetic to them, whereas with EricW it's like "lol, you suck."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you suck as a poster imo.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you suck as a poster imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

goofy, you can come hang out with the grown ups in ATF
Old 09-27-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Serious Mod Answer:

EricW is a troll/somebody's lousy gimmick account. He makes the exact kinds of posts that make BBV4L horrible. I would feel VERY comfortable banning him, so he should consider himself lucky he gets his own thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
WOW GEE YOU MEAN NATH WAS RIGHT FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS AND NOBODY LISTENED TO HIM, THAT NEVER HAPPENS
Old 09-27-2007, 10:27 AM

FREE ERICW

GET DIDS LAID

also the name ericw sounds very familar to me back before BBV4LIFE existed and from a different forum. I seem to remember him on irc somewhere. Again this is all very vague
Old 09-27-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eric,

Many of us original BBVers feel you suck as a poster, and your gimmick isnt funny. Infact, you killed the funny in BBV4lfe when you and your fans infested that forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
ding

just because BBV4Life has morphed into the premier friendless-virgin forum on the internet doesn't mean that was its purpose or its best use