Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Should I divide my money into two sites, or play the one I\'m most...

Comfortable with? I play Full tilt with a certain familiarity. Their blind structure and game selection etc... I want to get into Ultimate bet because they have a 111% bonus going on and I wanted some change. They have a faster paced more aggressive structure. What do you think? Divide money equally or what? I have 160$ to play with.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Should I divide my money into two sites, or play the one I\'m most...

$160's a little tight. fwiw, I'd lump it on one. Then when you're ready for another deposit, maybe stick it on the other.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Should I divide my money into two sites, or play the one I\'m most...

I play on 4 sites including the two you named. Used to play on 2 others but they quit allowing US players.

I think it's personal choice and hassle analysis. Things you consider.

Can I keep a full bankroll on each one? If not how much of a hassle is it to WD from one and deposit in the other.

Is the bonus structure actually as beneficial as it appears (How fast/slow does it clear at the stakes I play)

Do I prefer the option of seeing different software from time to time?

How many tables are usually available for the game(s) and stakes I play?

Have I looked at several affiliates to see what offers are available and where?

I don't know what stakes you plan to play but if I assume you are moving somewhere around half of the bankroll you state to the site you state. And further assume you start with at least 300BB bankroll. That bonus offer will likely pay out fully in about 5 years [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.That bonus offer will likely pay out fully in about 5 years [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, so true. Good luck meeting any bonus deadlines.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:02 AM

i unfortunately didn't buy in for very much, but am just about to clear that 111% bonus after about a month or so, and i only single table cause i want to learn more about reading hand ranges and what not.

OP
i have two different accounts going right now, and i treat them as different bankrolls for different styles.

i have a PS account that i am using to learn limit cash games as well as to use my PO software.

i also have an UB account (set up to try to withdraw my AP money) that i am using for NL cash games, but unfortunately i can't use PO there.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 AM

With $160 I would take advantage of the bomus offer and get rakeback as well. IMO splitting 160 between 2 sites isnt the best idea. When you clear the bonus you can move back to full tilt if you are more comfortable there. I just transferred my BR to a new site so I can get rakeback which I do not get on Full Tilt, so I know where your thought process is.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:45 AM

stick 160 on 1 site
Old 11-15-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stick 160 on 2nd -- 13

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2007, 03:17 AM

id grind the 160 up to something decent and make a decent depsit on UB so you can get more of the bonus.

Although not sure how fast it will clear at $10NL (only thing youre rolled for)

BE SURE YOU GET RAKEBACK IF YOU SIGN UP FOR UB. ITS INVALUABLE FOR ANY SITE...

PM me if you want a link/ part of a referral kick back even.