Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2007 49ers Thread***

hostler is/was the biggest problem with the offense. you think its a coincidence that they brought in tollner and five days later they had their best offensive game to date by a huge margin?

also harris was awesome yesterday against the cards while clements was getting torched
Old 11-26-2007, 03:50 PM

Hostler needs to go. Hopefully they keep Tollner. I think it was their most points put up in 4 years and that was with a backup QB and a shotty O-line and set of WRs.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:52 PM

It's good to see you guys keeping your chins up. At least you have the possibility of a bright future. The Cardinals will be a hopeless joke until the Bidwill's sell them, which from what I understand will never happen as the team is their sole enterprise and source of income and they love, love revenue sharing which lines their pockets without having to put it back into payroll.

Topic: the 1991 49ers were perhaps the only example in sports that I can think of where one of the best teams in the league missed the playoffs. I mean the Redskins owned super hard that year but the Niners won their last six games of the regular season including absolutely pounding the Bears in the finale, but lost on a tiebreaker. It's the one time I wished there were more teams let into the playoffs. I think part of the culprit was an injury to Steve Young but don't remember the details.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:52 PM

i think the o-line will be fine if they replace larry allen and fire that piece of [censored] george warhop (also hostler ldo). i think coaching is more to blame for the mess at o-line than anything else
Old 11-26-2007, 03:56 PM

Bass, Snyder, Staley, Heitmann, Rookie/Vet should be good for next year. Let Smiley, Harris, Jennings, Allen go in the off-season.

I still would like more talented WRs. Jackson blows donkey balls. Give Hill a shot or try to trade for a legit #1.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bass, Snyder, Staley, Heitmann, Rookie/Vet should be good for next year. Let Smiley, Harris, Jennings, Allen go in the off-season.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Jennings would make a fine RT with Staley switching to LT (at least I assume that's what they plan to do with him) but he can't stay healthy. Harris is obviously overpaid garbage. Smiley has been a joke this season and is going to demand a huge contract that he has no chance of landing because of his piss poor play. Good job completely [censored] up your free agent year, buddy. Supposedly they want to put Snyder at guard but I dunno how well that will work out. I would think he's too tall to play on the interior and he gets no push in run blocking. We'll see.
[ QUOTE ]
I still would like more talented WRs. Jackson blows donkey balls. Give Hill a shot or try to trade for a legit #1.

[/ QUOTE ]
moss will be a free agent