Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: $27 bankroll

try the ferguson 1$ tournies on fulltilt
Old 11-17-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I currently have $27 in my poker stars account. What would be suitable for a bankroll of this amount. I was thinking of playing 1.10 sit and go turbos. 45man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I Agree with Jsmith.. play 2NL holdem... I am not even a "real" holdem player and the competition there on pokerstars si so easy I can sit there with $5 and make $25 in profit in a sitting and this is with 2+2ers at the tables... every beginners game I pulled in +10 or more in a sitting but I was deepstacked. 2NL on PS is soft!!!!

The non 2+2ers often don't understand betting or raising... will call down or push in with weak kickers..

My method of NLH is different I tend to like playing suited connectors.. these are high reward hands because when you hit you get paid off by players who over value AK, AQ, and the like.

Keep in mind most of these $2NL players just look at their starting hand and fall in [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Forgot to mention FTP $5NL is also super soft.. I played one night there to blow off steam from bad PLO session and made $5 into $50 stack. EASY... u can totally dominate if you find a table of clueless players soak it up...
Old 11-17-2007, 06:58 PM

FTP doesnt have 5NL unless u mean the 3 dollar cap or something? and turning 5$ into 50$ is super lucky and not as easy as u say lol but ya everything else is true
Old 11-17-2007, 07:30 PM

A decent low variance game is HU sngs.

Lucky
Old 11-17-2007, 08:07 PM

hmm guess it was $10NL.. but I brought in $5.

Yeah I am not saying these are reasonable possibilities necessarily.. just my experience. I have limited NLH experience as I stated.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:00 PM

I assume since u have money in your acct try the 500 dollar freeroll. 1st place is usally around 70 bux. Join the PPA and enter their freeroll too. it is 3000 guarantee and u get one free shot. 1st place is about 700 bux. I suggesttaking your roll to bodog and playing their beginner sngs. They pay top 5 and u can get away with 10 buyins IMO. They have 2,4,8 and 16 dollar buyins. Thats how I build my roll quick and play 3 per time
Old 11-19-2007, 02:17 PM

Default My recommendation as someone who started with a $5 bankroll....

I had a friend transfer me $5 and I just grinded it out at 2NLH (0.01/0.02) where I would buy in for the minimum $1 and then once I got up to $2 (double my buy in) I would quit the game. If I wanted to keep playing leave the table you are at with the $2, and go to another table and buy in for $1 so that you are basically playing on profit only. Since you have $27, I would use this strategy until you get to $75 and then take a 4-5 buy in shot at $0.02/$0.05 NLH where you buy in for 50xbb ($2.50) and if you happen to keep winning then move up once you have 30 buy ins for the next level and take another 4-5 buy in shot. If you happen to lose the 4-5 buy ins at a level drop back down and build up again until you have 30 buys ins for the next level. Once you get up to $60 you can also add in the $1.20 9 person sit n go's also....these are great bankroll builders...Patience will be key here but this is how you can build a bankroll without risking too much of it.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Also.....use Stop/Loss limits to control steaming

Don't be afraid to stick to a stop/loss limit say a 2-3 buy in loss limit. (i.e. if your typical buy in for 0.01/0.02 is $1 once you lose 2-3 buy ins ($2-$3) then quit for the night). I initially stuck to a one buy in loss limit and as I built my bankroll up I increased the stop loss limit to 2-3 buy ins once I hit $40.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Also.....use Stop/Loss limits to control steaming

I just ran $84 up to $10k plus in a period of 8 days. Clearly I was using some aggressive bankroll management, but I wouldn't say that I did anything that was outright reckless with the exception of buying into a $200NL table for $80 with a bankroll of $84 at the very beginning (you have to start somewhere and I'm unwilling to play micro stakes). Even this wasn't that reckless because I wouldn't be bothered by losing $80 bucks.

I would play a level with as long as I had more than 2 buy-ins for it. If I a buy-in or more I would just drop back down. For instance, I was playing $400NL with $1250 and lost 2 buy-ins. After this I dropped back down to a $200NL table with a full buy-in and one $20 HU sng at a time. I played these until I got back to $600 and then played 2 200NL tables + with either a $20 and $50 HU sng going at the same time.

Lucky
Old 11-19-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Also.....use Stop/Loss limits to control steaming

[ QUOTE ]

I just ran $84 up to $10k plus in a period of 8 days. Clearly I was using some aggressive bankroll management, but I wouldn't say that I did anything that was outright reckless with the exception of buying into a $200NL table for $80 with a bankroll of $84 at the very beginning (you have to start somewhere and I'm unwilling to play micro stakes). Even this wasn't that reckless because I wouldn't be bothered by losing $80 bucks.

I would play a level with as long as I had more than 2 buy-ins for it. If I a buy-in or more I would just drop back down. For instance, I was playing $400NL with $1250 and lost 2 buy-ins. After this I dropped back down to a $200NL table with a full buy-in and one $20 HU sng at a time. I played these until I got back to $600 and then played 2 200NL tables + with either a $20 and $50 HU sng going at the same time.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

2 buyins!!?!?!
man youre a lucky mf.

Seriously I regularly drop 2/3 buy ins on people hitting some odd hand on the river.