Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 12:55 AM

Default When would you fold AA\'s

Lets Assume

Your in the world's largest card room offering no-limit tables ranging from 25-50 NL to 1 Billion 2 Billion NL.

You have $1,000 and sit down at the 25-50 NL with the minimum buy-in.

You are dealt AA's on the very first hand and your opponent pushes you all in with KK's for you to luckily double up.

You must take you $2,000 to the 50-100 NL where the same thing always will occur.

Assuming at some point you will go busto at what point will decided to not risk it and cash out assuming you start with $1,000.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: When would you fold AA\'s

As long as I get AA vs KK im pretty sure im in with any money I got...
Old 10-01-2007, 01:57 AM

Surely you wouldn't continue if losing cost you your wife and kids , would you ?

This really is a personal preference/utility question .
Old 10-01-2007, 02:04 AM

You will stop when the money you have won means more than you can afford to lose.

Everyone will have different levels but nobody will just continue indefinately. For some people losing $2,000 would be inconceivable. For others it may be $1 Million. For Bill Gates he may go on till $5 Billion.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:17 AM

Well...

I dbl to 2k. I MUST go to 2k NL and do it again. Ok. Well, im assuming im in the best position i can be in ( Ace's covering his King's suits ), im gonna double to 4k 82% of the time.

Then, by your own words, i have to take 2K of the now 4k i have, and keep doing it. Even if I lost once, the chances of losing again are very very slim. So slim that i would be my house on it. Every single time.

Eventually, im going to have enough money to where it become statistically impossible to lose 2k enough times to bust me. Id probally get up and go home to my wife and kids in a few hours.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well...

I dbl to 2k. I MUST go to 2k NL and do it again. Ok. Well, im assuming im in the best position i can be in ( Ace's covering his King's suits ), im gonna double to 4k 82% of the time.

Then, by your own words, i have to take 2K of the now 4k i have, and keep doing it. Even if I lost once, the chances of losing again are very very slim. So slim that i would be my house on it. Every single time.

Eventually, im going to have enough money to where it become statistically impossible to lose 2k enough times to bust me. Id probally get up and go home to my wife and kids in a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

He means you have to keep moving up so every time your entire money is at risk. Otherwise it is a no brainer - carry on forever at $2K a time
Old 10-01-2007, 03:24 AM

But technically your not LOSING money... Cause you move up everytime you double up... And you are still using YOUR 1,000... Its not like everytime you move up you take out more money to use... You use what you previously won... I'd stop whenever I got bored, or when I lost... There is no real reason to ever stop ...
Old 10-01-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But technically your not LOSING money... Cause you move up everytime you double up... And you are still using YOUR 1,000... Its not like everytime you move up you take out more money to use... You use what you previously won... I'd stop whenever I got bored, or when I lost... There is no real reason to ever stop ...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just ridiculous. So, assuming you had the bottle to keep putting your entire stack at risk and you got to $1 Million you are going to put that at risk again???? So you just keep going till you lose?

You may be a big favorite but 1 out of 6 (or someting like that)you are going to lose.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:08 AM

LOL at the morons in this thread who can't answer a straightforward hypothetical.

Personally I'd probably quit in in the 16-32K range.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:46 AM

I honestly would not stop for a long time. I would def be seen in the 300/600 game if I kept winning.