Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 04:42 PM

Default you must be incapable of analytical thought....

The "garbage" to which etizzle refers must be his or her spouting that he or she is annoyed at:

1. Being forced to read posts that clearly can be ignored by anyone with enough manual dexterity to use a mouse/touchpad device;

2. Not having the inherent ability to analyze a situation well enough to participate in discourse, and;

3. Feeling somehow superior for no other reason than that's the way he/she feels about.... well, everything.

This is an open forum for discussion. If one is entirely incapable of being involved in a meaningful or helpful fashion, and makes it so obvious with displays of vitriole and nonsense, then perhaps it is that person whom the mods should be banning, and not those who otherwise seem interested in the question.

TK
Old 11-02-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: you must be incapable of analytical thought....

ban ban ban. we don't want to hear your bad beat stories or you try to convince us that this guy with A7 made a bad play. take your bad beat story somewhere else
Old 11-02-2007, 04:59 PM

also, pretty easy all in with the A7 no two ways about it. Thinkards, you might think otherwise but you are clearly wrong
Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 AM

lol at TK, ur so rude.

With A7 here a shove is hardly ever wrong unless the villain has the nut straight 100% of the time, or a set and is not folding 100% of the time.

It is clearly obvious that you think shoving A7 here is wrong, but unless Thinkards is the tightest nun alive, it cannot be deemed wrong
Old 11-11-2007, 07:32 AM

Your hand screams KQ obviously and this is important for the rest of the hand as people are unwilling to lay down the nut straight to at least one bet afterwards. I don't like my play post flop, on the board which screams a number of made hands but whatever you have sprung your trap and check raised me.

I really don't like the all in I've got no pot odds for this and virtually no fold equity because you are committed to a set with the odds you have for filling up and JT is very unlikely .

So basically what I'm left with is how good a player I think you are and how much you are going to pay me off if my flush card hits on the turn with me value betting the turn and river. I think you will pay me off one street with KQ (I can't see you folding this to a half pot size bet) but not enough to give me the correct implied odds. And you're right it does make a difference if you have $10k although it shouldn't because you've clearly demonstrated you know what you're doing.

Of course I could be really sick and tag you as a good enough player to fold to a shove if the flush card hits (you're hand is kinda face up here- note to other posters he doesn't have a lower flush draw). Call with ATC, flush card hits, check check check all in, you fold, I turn it over- valuable advertising. Anyway I digress.

To summarise, I probably fold here for the reasons mentioned above. Without pre empting this, unlucky, no you're right he didn't have pot odds to call.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:54 PM

I really dislike the rude answers here.
Thinkards great work keep it up, this forum has enough garbage lately.
To be honest I don't think your thread is all too interesting (this is High Stakes so your input has to compete with posts of Jman and others) but nonetheless worth reading.
Imho in the stated scenario I like a fold because without reads I would as a default assume that he is not folding to a shove after his huge raise all that often thus our foldequity isn't too great (I'd much rather play for stacks against a 600-700$ raise).
With the given stacksizes our hand becomes more of a try to shut out hands than to actually believe in a race situation.
Due to the huge reraise I would assume that this aim won't be reached frequently enough to make a semibluff useful and since we barely ever have our full 15 outs (more often 9 or less) with these stacks and our little investment, staying out of trouble should be the best line.
A little stove example: against a reasonable range of hands (few flushdrawcombos, all sets and straights: JJ-99,KQs,KcJc,QcJc,Q8s,87s,KQo,87o) we should average ~36% equity thus making a fold far superior.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:03 PM

this is a pretty standard call
Old 11-12-2007, 11:39 AM

With 200bb stacks I expect Ac7c to shove flop. To raise with a speculative hand and hit the perfect flop to fold is very uncharacteristic for players at these stakes.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a pretty standard call

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
With 200bb stacks I expect Ac7c to shove flop. To raise with a speculative hand and hit the perfect flop to fold is very uncharacteristic for players at these stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is never a call, its push or fold and why the [censored] is this a perfect flop?
Honestly those posts are garbage and I am kinda sad that most good posters aren't frequently active here anymore..
Old 11-12-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: one edit to the original post.... and a quick observation....

[ QUOTE ]
anyone want to take odds that thinkards had KQ in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]