Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 03:47 AM

funny, but i dont think it's appropriate. thoughts?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpr...part=1&vc=1
Old 10-27-2007, 07:54 AM

I removed it because its bound to be offensive to some users, then sent him a PM with the URL so he had a backup of it.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:57 AM

hes pretty much I giant troll from what I can see. Why isnt this account banned?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I removed it because its bound to be offensive to some users, then sent him a PM with the URL so he had a backup of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't remove it because oh, i don't know, [censored] is censored on this site and you are not allowed to use images to avoid the censor? i'm glad that instead your thought process was "well i'll look at this particular use of [censored] and see if it's offensive... ok, yeah this one is offensive, it has to go." seriously. wtf.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 AM

also, god that poster sucks.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't remove it because oh, i don't know, [censored] is censored on this site and you are not allowed to use images to avoid the censor? i'm glad that instead your thought process was "well i'll look at this particular use of [censored] and see if it's offensive... ok, yeah this one is offensive, it has to go." seriously. wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cit - got a problem with it? Seriously, you need to take a Valium especially since you would have done the same - dont be such a drama queen.

PS: I have never seen the poster before, no clue if he sucks or not but this was his PM to me "Ok. I edited the N word though so I dont see why. But whatever Ill change it. "
Old 10-27-2007, 12:08 PM

tt, i would have trashed the avatar. not because "it's bound to offend some users" but because it violates the rules we are supposed to enforce.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tt, i would have trashed the avatar. not because "it's bound to offend some users" but because it violates the rules we are supposed to enforce.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why aren't you complaining about Nation who totally ignored the rule? If you don't like me than say it, don't hide behind the wording I chose to use to be polite. If you don't like the way I stepped out of my forum to do the right thing for the good of 2+2 and its users then you really need to stop spending so much time on the internet, its time to go out and get a real life. Letting something like that tilt you is ridiculous.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:22 PM

tt,

yes, nation should know better as well.

i don't believe i "hid behind the wording <you> chose". i think you frequently say dumb things, and that your first post in this thread was one of them. i think the avatar should have been removed, and likely the poster will have his account trashed within the week. however, as i said earlier, i think that you could have much more simply stated "i removed his avatar because it said [censored]", than implying in some manner that you used your amazing powers of judgment to decide this particular use of [censored] was no good, as it would probably be offensive to some users.

i am not tilted by anything in this thread, and if i had to estimate i'd guess i spend significantly less time "on the internet" than you.

while i'm here, i might as well sound off on the "you spend too much time on the internet" trope. that it's usually thrown around by people like tt and diebitter, who obviously spend a ton of time on the internet, almost makes me amused with irony, until i realize how sad it is.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:46 PM

Cit

Sorry about that, it's just when your mom says 'what what's it gonna be tonight, do me or do the internet?', I just have to go with my heart.