Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 11:45 PM

Default InitiaI flop thought: have best equity. Then get 2 AI\'s vs shorties...

<font color="blue"> Table is playing loose pf, not much specific vs my opponents </font>

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) Poker"]http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-PokerStars.php#converter]Poker Stars[/url] Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($75.65)
Button ($31.45)
SB ($98)
BB ($100)
UTG ($201.90)
UTG+1 ($19.15)
MP1 ($551.15)
Hero ($190)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, UTG+1 calls $2, MP1 calls $2, Hero calls $2, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($16) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $14</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls $14, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $29.45</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $98</font>, Hero calls $84.

<font color="blue"> when the 1st $14 bet came to me, I thought I was a favorite to win the hand. When Button minraises AI, I still thought I was the favorite. However when BB reraises AI, I think that perhaps it is now reasonble to think that I am no longer favorite. However, the short stacks, side pot, I was not real sure what to do. While made straights and sets are certainly possible, not real sure about how high a % this makes up their range...given the situation.</font>

Is this a standard call or horrible call or something inbetween?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: InitiaI flop thought: have best equity. Then get 2 AI\'s vs shortie

I think you have to call here. If BB have 52 then you've got 7 outs to tie with him + flush outs. If he's got 75 then you've still got 3 straight outs to tie + flush outs. I think a more likely hand for him is 2pr which gives you the full 15 outs.

You need to call something like 85 into 160 which are great odds.

If you folded I dont think that would be terrible because it's a high variance play, but it's definitely +EV to call.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 AM

you should never, ever fold this. You are getting 2-1 with likely close to 50% equity only 50bb deep.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:34 AM

You have a monster on this flop. If you don't raise the first time, it should be to keep other players in and encourage action behind you. BB is short and will be willing to get AI with any overpair, A6, 55, and a lot of other stuff against what he perceived to be two players who are possibly drawing or 50/50 vs him. The shove could be a set or offsuit straight (you have lots of equity vs either of those), but there are plenty of other hands that want to protect against the draws and go headsup with button.

His range is wide and your hand is ahead of that range. It's a standard EV calculation - Pokerstove it?