Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: AKs gets 3-bet by tight tag...wtf?

[ QUOTE ]
meh i think his pf is good vs you

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying I spew? (on the evidence of this hand, perhaps...)

I mean, it seems RAZOR thin, and if you are a nit, it seems like you are consciously passing up on razor thin edges all the time.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:00 PM

He totally set you up after you logged hundreds, maybe thousands of hands of him being a 19/15. All for this very and precise moment in time where you would never put him on A2.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Seriously? Maybe your games are that predictable, but I find it hard to believe you can narrow his donking range down that much. It can't be a flush draw or a 6? Why do you completely discount worse A's? I think that's a huge part of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is not that hard really. We are assuming that he knows how to play and that he is tight which also often means a bit cautious.Would you donk a flush draw on flop if you were him?
Would you preflop raise with a 6x hand?
Most players are also playing WA/WB from flop and on with an ace against a raiser and especially against a capper.
And if he has AQ,AJ,AT and thinks it is a good idea to make a move (which I wouldnīt think if I were him)why doesnīt he checkraise.It is not like he expects you to check flop behind.

This donk means more than 50% of the time that he can beat top pair so it is just not a good spot to raise anywhere unless you improve.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if someone donks this flop with a PP, they are almost never going to just fold to a flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they do not intend to fold flop or turn they simply donīt donk flop.Then they check/call down the PP.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He totally set you up after you logged hundreds, maybe thousands of hands of him being a 19/15. All for this very and precise moment in time where you would never put him on A2.

[/ QUOTE ]

if a 18-15 raised UTG, that is going to tell you something about his range. when he 3bets a button raise from a laggy player, A2s is well within his range. It's not like we are talking about T4o.

The fact that he bet/3bet the flop means he doesn't care that we have an Ace.

And my talk about folding was just me putting him on a range, and that range has us smashed.

And ppl, do you think nits bet/3bet the turn with AK here? Because they don't.

I think folding the turn after getting 3bet is the right play, I just have never folded there, because I don't raise the turn, because I don't put myself into tough decisions.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:30 AM

I think the point the preflop issue cant be solved easy because:
- it's important what you know about villains stats
- what villains know about your stats
- do you even have a decent samplesize to base your assumption on
- is villain very static (is he 3-betting A2s every time or maybe just 50% of the time to balance things out)
Old 09-20-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know the results. But I would just call down from flop and on.I donīt even raise flop.
In my games a donk on flop from that kind of player most often means that he can beat top pair and that he wants action.
If it is not a hand that beats top pair then it is more likely a PP looking to bet/fold than it is a worse pair of aces.
Either way I just call down and I donīt feel bad if I would miss a small bet.Because I do that less than 50% of the times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not putting in a raise somewhere is bad. His donk means he has an ace. The consensus is that after he 3b flop, any further action is spewy, which in general, I agree with. However, hands that beat me seem like such a small part of *this* villain's SB 3-bet range that I felt compelled to pop the turn. (He has AQ-AJ much more than A2/A6 here, imo)

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a reason to why villain would think it is a good idea to donk AQ-AT.
As I see it.If he thinks youīre a LAG/TAG thatīs capping light he would go for a checkraise.
If he thinks that your capping range is quite narrow which most players capping range are he would play WA/WB.
This of course changes if he has seen you making light flop raises with inferior hands, but I canīt imagine that you do that.Or if you often check flop behind HU when youīre the preflop capper.
I canīt see no reason whatsoever for a thinking villain to donk with a worse hand and that is enough for me to just calldown.
Any TAG player donking this flop has you beaten the majority of time.
It took a while and costed me a lot before I discovered that but I have saved a lot of money since then.
And won a lot more by learning that this donk is a moneymaker against overaggressive players.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give me a reason to why villain would think it is a good idea to donk AQ-AT

[/ QUOTE ]

"I have top pair, I bet." No one said this guy was any good. Not putting in a raise here is a big mistake IMO.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"I have top pair, I bet." No one said this guy was any good. Not putting in a raise here is a big mistake IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Donking AQ-AT is not just bad.You have to be braindead to do that(maybe excluding AQ if he regards Seth as a light preflop capper and a light flop raiser).
Most nits arenīt braindead and what is more important, they are cautious.
Assuming that players with tight stats are making bad aggressive moves isnīt really a good thing to do.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would donk AQ here sometimes, even playing 1/2. it's not that bad of a play because people don't respond to it well. they make stupid raises with hands like 88 and 33 and stuff thinking that you might have KK because they are gargarmel.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would donk AQ here sometimes, even playing 1/2. it's not that bad of a play because people don't respond to it well. they make stupid raises with hands like 88 and 33 and stuff thinking that you might have KK because they are gargarmel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those players would have bet turn or checked turn/called river too.When you 3-bet flop they fold.