Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re:

AP could re-allocate all the tainted money, issue a formal apology and a personal apology to all players affected, offer all players affected an additional apologetic offer of say 90% rakeback for the next 3-months and pray they're still in business by then.

If they're gonna be [censored] up the ass almost any way the cookie crumbles this is pretty much the only way they have a chance - take this as an opportunity to tidy up their act and invest their last dimes into that. Although investing less money than that to cover this whole mess up is what's most likely going to happen and the best short-term business plan, I see this as a chance for them to re-model themselves as a site and organisation.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

I thought I was against colluders once on stars playing Omaha, and they sent me an email along the lines of their security staff can watch the hands and see every one's hole cards. (I have no idea if this is in real time or not.)

If these "security" accounts are in real time, do the poker rooms allow the security personnel remote access or only on-site? If they allow remote access, then there is your hack.

Even if a pokerroom's staff is not allowed remote access, if their staff's security computers are otherwise connected to the net, which they are as they can send you emails, it could still be done.

My hunch is that AP already knows which security account was compromised, and that they have shut that particular account down. AP will never admit to it, nor will AP do anything that would even look like it acknowledges something happened--like giving back refunds.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If they do something...I'm not really gonna notice a difference since it'd take an earn rate sufficient to overcome hole card cams to make me try Absolute again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, the possibility still exists that someone else may now, or in the future, get access to the "super-account" who is much more savvy and subtle with their cheating. This guy could have made millions for as long as he wanted if he made some sort of an effort to conceal his advantage.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re:

[ QUOTE ]
AP could re-allocate all the tainted money, issue a formal apology and a personal apology to all players affected, offer all players affected an additional apologetic offer of say 90% rakeback for the next 3-months and pray they're still in business by then.

If they're gonna be [censored] up the ass almost any way the cookie crumbles this is pretty much the only way they have a chance - take this as an opportunity to tidy up their act and invest their last dimes into that. Although investing less money than that to cover this whole mess up is what's most likely going to happen and the best short-term business plan, I see this as a chance for them to re-model themselves as a site and organisation.

[/ QUOTE ]

AP is not going to be hurt much by these allegations. Most (if not all) of the questionable play happened in either high stakes limit games, high stakes NL games, or high stakes tourneys. Given that the allegations of cheating are limited to these games, which affect a small share of the player pool directly (and consitute a small share of APs rake revenue), AP's business will not be adversely affected to a great degree.

Most of AP's player pool is oblivious to this incident and will remain so. They will be able to stay in business continue to operate as they have done.

Lucky
Old 09-18-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re:

I think it's going to be interesting for any of the high stakes players who are aware of this to try to go back to AP, no matter how juicy the games are. Every time someone snaps off an improbable bluff, or a new person runs hot playing LAG, or someone value bets 2nd pair on the river, or some donkey open folds when you have AA, etc. etc. -- it's going to be in the back of your mind. That has to affect your game.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I would actually be curious to find out is how many millions of dollars were taken out from AP because of this obvious bs. Are they a publicly traded company? Does their stock drop because of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were publicly traded Americans would not be playing there.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re:

Okay, I just called that security number.. and had an interesting chat with one of them.

She confirmed that they had locked up several accounts AND taken their money, because of PROOF there had been ppl cheating. So i suggested, as an easy way of handling the issue of the 1000$ tournament, that they distribute the money from Potripper's winnings to the other players in the tournament, by moving everybody one step up in the winnings-ladder.
She is discussing this issue with her manager now, but seemed ok with the idea herself.

This is, as I see it a step forward. Now their security ppl are admitting that there was cheating, and that they have confiscated the money. So now, grab your phones guys - refunds might be on their way! (well... at least in my dream..)
Old 09-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AP is not going to be hurt much by these allegations. Most (if not all) of the questionable play happened in either high stakes limit games, high stakes NL games, or high stakes tourneys. Given that the allegations of cheating are limited to these games, which affect a small share of the player pool directly (and consitute a small share of APs rake revenue), AP's business will not be adversely affected to a great degree.

Most of AP's player pool is oblivious to this incident and will remain so. They will be able to stay in business continue to operate as they have done.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re:

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I just called that security number.. and had an interesting chat with one of them.

She confirmed that they had locked up several accounts AND taken their money, because of PROOF there had been ppl cheating. So i suggested, as an easy way of handling the issue of the 1000$ tournament, that they distribute the money from Potripper's winnings to the other players in the tournament, by moving everybody one step up in the winnings-ladder.
She is discussing this issue with her manager now, but seemed ok with the idea herself.

This is, as I see it a step forward. Now their security ppl are admitting that there was cheating, and that they have confiscated the money. So now, grab your phones guys - refunds might be on their way! (well... at least in my dream..)

[/ QUOTE ]

"call us back in a few days, the tournament is under investegation..." poo bah
Old 09-18-2007, 12:54 PM

This is the response I got from AP:
Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes we are aware of all this posts, we always try to be aware of what
our customers, think of our service and if they enjoy playing with us.
That’s why we are always checking into all of the concerns that our
players have and we have taken actions already in this case, because of
our company policies we cant let you know what those actions are, but we
can let you know, that it wasn’t any type of hacking, it was just
someone who didn’t know how to play poker and a hole lot of luck.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Sincerely,

Jose
Team Absolute ~ Security & Control Department

This is insulting to say the least. Those dirty mother [censored] screwed me over. I'm leaving the site, and suggest that everyone else do so too. All they had to do was return what those cheaters took from me (which I'd pay back in rake in about 40 days anyway). I will be laughing next time something like this happens at AP, which it probably will considering their incompetence, and then AP denies it.
Closed Thread