Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I posted this already but it looks like it didn't get any attention so I'm gonna post it again - "Absolute Poker and the Absolute Poker website are solely owned and operated by Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG, Route 138, Kahnawake, Quebec J0L 1B0. Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG is owned by a Mohawk of Kahnawake and is operated from the sovereign nation of the Mohawks of Kahnawake, located near Montreal Quebec."

They are owned by a Canadian based company and serious fraud has occurred that is backed up by overwhelming statistical evidence. It should be reported to https://www.recol.ca/intro.aspx?lang=en. If this went to court I would imagine an impartial mathematician would be called on to very the data, aswell as a few impartial pro poker players, possiblity celebrity pro's who don't even play on line to ensure their impartiality, who can testify on the corroborating evidence in the HHs. They could easily find them guilty well beyond a reasonable doubt. <font color="red"> </font>

Whatever about trying to get the word out to the wider media, I think a court case would serve that purpose better than any other means, aswell as getting some justice.

I'm gonna highlight this cos I think it hasn't been emphasised enough yet - please tell me if I've overlooked something and this idea is not feasible (such as Canada not having juristiction on this reservation, I'd imagine it does but I don't know)
<font color="red">
FRAUD IS A SERIOUS CRIME THAT CAN RESULT IN JAIL AND PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ROBBED OF TENS/HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. WHY HAS NO-ONE MENTIONED BRINGING CHARGES AGAINST THE CHEATERS AND POSSIBLY AGAINST ABSOLUTE FOR COVERING IT UP AND FACILITATING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I and probably several of the others who lost money wouuld be willing to explore this option as long as it is legally and economically feasible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of going around in circles, I suggest you contact I. Nelson Rose who is the world's foremost gambling law expert. He teaches (primarily) at Whittier Law School. He answers his e-mail ... rose@sprintmail.com

I would not be surprised if it were his opinion that legal action would neither be legally or economically feasible.

This is not to say you guys have uncovered cheating and (arguably) fraudulent business practices, it would just be a nightmare to litigate and there would be plenty of jurisdictional issues invovled.

Best bet is getting the story out there.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this true? ap gives out a lot of bonus money and has rb. now they are giving 9% apr on acct balances. im considering playing there despite all this bs. and if all the good regs and 2ers bounce then its a goldmine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they all of the sudden decide to pay 9% on account balances? My first guess would be that they suffering from some sort of liquidity problem. You have to already be playing a lot of hands there to qualify for this, right? It seems like they are just trying to get their regulars to park more money there and not cashout.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:26 PM

While I suspect that suing Absolute Poker would probably not be rewarding for any individual, it seems to me that there is little harm in reporting their fraud to your local law enforcement officials (especially if they have jurisdiction over Absolute Poker's locations in Canada or Costa Rica or whever else they hide)
Old 09-21-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm correct that overall we're looking at something like 2000 hands, I'd be willing to go through them and replace player names with seat names, and give them webspace. I need something to keep my mind off of other crap this weekend anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me with your email, I'll send them out late tonight.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and its quite obv that the styles are very different. you continually ignore this. why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is easily available. There are bits and pieces all over the place and dragonystic point to two different sessions where the stats were similar and the suspect lost a bunch of dollars. andathar also admits that he didn't read hands very well in his session. I have also seen some players in the limit thread that does not think he cheated against them. All we ahve is a few hundred hands of suspicios beahaviour.

The best would be to compile a database. I think most people agree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font size=10> FOR THE LOVE OF PETER PLZ SHUT THE [censored] UP</font>

cit, feel free to delete this if you don't think it's a viable solution to the problem

edit: or adanthar, i see you're still around
Old 09-21-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I suspect that suing Absolute Poker would probably not be rewarding for any individual, it seems to me that there is little harm in reporting their fraud to your local law enforcement officials (especially if they have jurisdiction over Absolute Poker's locations in Canada or Costa Rica or whever else they hide)

[/ QUOTE ]

and that's the problem in a nutshell.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Absolute Soulreading/Rigged thread #3

AP called me today to try to get me to deposit. They offered me 5% unrestricted cash and a $530 entry into the 150k guaranteed for a deposit of 2500. How is this possibly +ev for them unless they are rigging the tournaments? I mean, that's A LOT of [censored] money to just give away w/o any raked hands requirements.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:53 PM

I think threatening to sue and get the media involved would help our cause.... please tell me if this sint a good idea guys. I feel like I'm being ignored because I'm not a respected poster here.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AP called me today to try to get me to deposit. They offered me 5% unrestricted cash and a $530 entry into the 150k guaranteed for a deposit of 2500. How is this possibly +ev for them unless they are rigging the tournaments? I mean, that's A LOT of [censored] money to just give away w/o any raked hands requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive recieved this offer 3 times.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:57 PM

Didnt scroll through the entire thread, so dont know if an email like this has been posted, but I got what seemed to be a unique response this evening. Sorry if its already been posted:

"With that said, we take any allegation of wrongdoing extremely
seriously and we sincerely value your concern. We have temporarily frozen the
accounts of the players in question while we continue our extensive
investigation. At this point, we have found no evidence of wrongdoing.
However, given the seriousness of these allegations, our investigation will
go on.

Our fraud department has combed through all hands involving the
accounts that were mentioned in the online forum. Please note that the
examples mentioned in the forum present only a small snapshot of each
player’s activity. Our ongoing investigation continues to show that the
long-term success rates of these players aren’t in line with what the
forum suggests."
Closed Thread