Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Disadvantages of dating a doctor or med student...

Hey ItalianFX,

One other thing that strikes me is that you have a dearth of "game". It would be great to remedy this before you search again for companionship, to save you yet more heartbreak.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-05-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"they are either 1. in high school"

this might be exactly what you need right now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I'm 24, they are like 17? That isn't going to work.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 PM

Alright I, after 3 months of research here's the prescription:

1) get some kind of job. being an unemployed introspective person makes this about a bajillion times worse.
2) find two hobbies
.....a) an athletic hobby like jogging or golf or lifting. basically anything you can do almost every day. staying active will make you happier and hopefully wear you out b/c going to sleep is going to suck for a while.
.....b) an intellectual hobby. this can be more broad like learning to play an instrument or cooking class or studying for a graduate exam to prove that you're worthy of something ( [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ). basically the key here is anything that makes you concentrate for a period of time
3) find the closest (geographic) friends you can and spend as much time with them as you can doing whatever you guys can decide on. if you don't have ANY friends close to where you're living then [censored] move since you don't have any real obligations. you sound like me in the sense that you aren't the kind of person to just go out meeting people when you feel like this.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright I, after 3 months of research here's the prescription:

1) get some kind of job. being an unemployed introspective person makes this about a bajillion times worse.
2) find two hobbies
.....a) an athletic hobby like jogging or golf or lifting. basically anything you can do almost every day. staying active will make you happier and hopefully wear you out b/c going to sleep is going to suck for a while.
.....b) an intellectual hobby. this can be more broad like learning to play an instrument or cooking class or studying for a graduate exam to prove that you're worthy of something ( [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ). basically the key here is anything that makes you concentrate for a period of time
3) find the closest (geographic) friends you can and spend as much time with them as you can doing whatever you guys can decide on. if you don't have ANY friends close to where you're living then [censored] move since you don't have any real obligations. you sound like me in the sense that you aren't the kind of person to just go out meeting people when you feel like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I have a job, just not full-time, YET.
2. I want to lift more, but I just don't have the motivation to keep going. I went for a short run tonight and that was good for me. I'm not depressed, but I was 3 years ago. I can sleep just fine now. I'd like to learn how to play the guitar, but I don't have one, and don't want to spend the money to buy one, and I think my patience goes down quickly. I'd have to find something else to do. I like doing things that contribute to my well being.
3. I could move, but the problem is that then I'll be unemployed. Yes, I could find a job in the meantime, but I'm unsure how that would work. That would take alot more planning than I want to think about right now. Once I get a full-time job, I'm basically a little stuck in my location. Maybe after I graduate I'll take a short trip back to California, Las Vegas, or Florida. We'll see.

And no, I am not the type of person to just go out and meet people.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey man, you can't say [censored] like that in a serious thread when you haven't been in his shoes. The fact that he says she's a great person a % of the time would also screw with anyone's emotions.

Emotions play a big roll here but Italian basically did what most of the people here agreed to.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the words of a good friend of mine:

"These crazy girls are going out with you because 1 year before you two started going out, guys like me had the balls to dump crazy girls like her, flooding the market with crazy girls for dumb asses like you to pick up. You have a choice, you can either be one of us, or who you are now. I know who I'd rather be."
Old 11-06-2007, 12:25 AM

I am not the type of person to just go out and meet people

So you're the boring type and she's neurotic.
Otherwise you seem like an intelligent guy and probably know very well that there is no happiness to be found unless you both change to the more "normal" type (or both become neurotics or boring) but are in complete denial and want people to tell you that it will all end well all the same.

Time to wake up dude... and move on with your life... (if you can force yourself out of your room that is).

Good luck to you!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not the type of person to just go out and meet people

So you're the boring type and she's neurotic.
Otherwise you seem like an intelligent guy and probably know very well that there is no happiness to be found unless you both change to the more "normal" type (or both become neurotics or boring) but are in complete denial and want people to tell you that it will all end well all the same.

Time to wake up dude... and move on with your life... (if you can force yourself out of your room that is).

Good luck to you!

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to go out all the time, but it got old because it's not what I want to do. It's not the type of life I want to have. I think I'm just getting bored with where I am. I need some kind of new environment.

Maybe if I had more friends that I related to I would go out more. Like a bunch of those poker players get together and have at it, well, I don't have anything like that. I don't have any friends who relate to me in the way I am expecting.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:35 AM

Having unbalanced levels of love in a relationship is a very very bad thing. More than likely it isn't balancable over time. My gf and I just figured this out... after seeing the signs for the last year.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any friends who relate to me in the way I am expecting.

[/ QUOTE ]

try doing active group activities you enjoy... there's clubs for everyting... hiking clubs, climbing clubs, frisbee clubs, lawn bowling clubs, yoga clubs, self defense clubs, poetry clubs, painting clubs, whatever... even if you're not sure you'll enjoy it try it....... you'll meet people... if you meet people you'll end up liking and staying in contact with some small percent of them.... some of this small percent will become your friends ??????? profit

getting to know people doesn't have to be at bars only

oh..... get a dog... you will INSTANTLY become friends with other people with dogs (it's like this herd mentality that takes over even if you try to resist), and HUDGE HUDGE HUDGE chick magnet if you get the right one