Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Temp 100% Rakeback

I dont know if this has ever been mentioned, but I don't see why WPEX doesn't have a big sunday tourny like most other sites do. I know they used to have that $25 buy in, but they dont have that any more. A $50 or $100 on sunday would be so nice. They could also run satilites into it. WPEX could easily get 100-200 people to sign up for this tourny if there was satilites to it. Just a thought.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Marketing discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Contemporaneous thread

I like the suggestions to change wording of adverts from 'rakeback' to 'we pay you to play poker'. Getting rid of 'rakeback' has been suggested before. It's such a dead word compared to alternatives like 'bonus' or 'pay'.

How about 'Biggest Bonus in Poker!' With the last weekly high earn: 'WPEX_grl' earned $4,500 in Bonus last week!'

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely the way to get the fish to play.

Fish don't understand rake and rakeback, but they do understand bonus, and being paid to play. Just tell them that they more they play the more they get paid, every Monday, automatically, no deposit bonus, no promotion codes, just play poker and get money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been said 150 million times, GM will not reply to this suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, no reply at all as far as I can remember. Does anyone know why?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess: he's personally responsible for the whole 'rakeback' focussed promotion, and so is unable/unwilling to acknowledge it's failure.

I hate to say it, but as much as I like the 'Aces Never Lose' promo, it is also a loser. That exact same money awarded as deposit bonuses would draw people to deposit on the site like a thousand times better than the Aces promo.

The goal is to get people to deposit money and play on the site. Reward that behavior: deposit bonuses. Tried and true, they've been part of every major poker room's marketing campaign.

You also want your regular customers and pros to play more every month. Reward that behavior: a VIP program that increases your rewards when you play more.

WPEX has tried some innovative marketing. For whatever reasons it has failed. How about going to the tried and true, combined with relatively high automatic rakeback, er, bonus.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: WPEX/WSEX Official Monthly Thread October/November (13 of 13)

WSEX GM, I tried PM you but your PM box is full.

A high stakes HU limit holdem player on your site has recently had their account shutdown on fulltilt for using AI to help them play.
The account in question is SILLYSAL.
I have always wondered why she refused to play 3 handed even with the worst players on the site.
With the closure and seizure of her fulltilt account, your security dept should complete their own investigation into her WSEX account.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2007, 10:33 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

oh heres the link to the SILLYSAL full tilt thread
Old 11-05-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WSEX GM, I tried PM you but your PM box is full.

A high stakes HU limit holdem player on your site has recently had their account shutdown on fulltilt for using AI to help them play.
The account in question is SILLYSAL.
I have always wondered why she refused to play 3 handed even with the worst players on the site.
With the closure and seizure of her fulltilt account, your security dept should complete their own investigation into her WSEX account.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent a similar e-mail to WPX support and they said their tech team was investigating.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:02 PM

i have been one of the most regular players on wpex for a couple of years now. i have never had an issue with them until recently.
a player named 'reverse123' has it out for me. i dated him very briefly over a year ago, i ended up rejecting him, and he did not handle it well. he sits (not playing) at my tables harassing me, laughing at me when i lose, telling the other player i'm a heads up pro (if im playing hu), etc. i can handle all of that. i am not always sweet as pie in the chat myself, though i have said nothing to him except for once.
the thing i cannot handle is the fact that three times while i was playing heads up, he sat at my table, sat in, and then timed out when he was supposed to be the big blind, messing up the blinds. so essentially one person gets the small blind every hand. it is a glitch in the software. i called support all 3 times while it was happening, they say they will do something about it, and they have done nothing. he says in the chat box that he is having connection issues, but that is clearly not the case. he needs to be banned from my tables, and no one is doing anything. PLEASE HELP WPEX.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:05 PM

oh and my username is 'yopapaya'.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have been one of the most formidable players on wpex for a couple of years now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never done a FYP during my stint at 2+2. Let the above be regarded as due homage.

It would behoove the GM/customer service apparatus at WPX to pay attention to your thoughts. I hope your situation gets resolved.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:46 PM

add a few tourneys with 5 minute levels
Old 11-05-2007, 07:43 PM

traffic was dead over the weekend, seems to have picked up today though now that everyone's got their rb