Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 06:48 PM

Default monster pot at maniac table

MP is unknown, but UTG, BB and Button are all pretty bad maniacs that aren't ever folding a piece.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (24 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (19.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (24.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB

preflop: I like, anyone not cap here?

flop: I like

turn: after flop action I don't feel like I have the best hand here much at all. thought about bet/call instead?

river: considered folding, but pot was huge and the players were bad. (button is abysmal!)
Old 10-29-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: monster pot at maniac table

I would bet the turn, there are enough people in this pot that you should have enough outs mutiway when you are behind just bet the turn... since there was no flop cap, it seems less likely that a flopped flush or straight out there. I think the pot is huge enough to call the river, and no one person has shown that much strength here that you can fold even though you are beaten a ton here.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:47 PM

Pf, flop and river are good but I would fire the turn. The 8 likely changed nothing, you aren't likely against trips +, and there arent that many 2 pr combos out there (and some of them would have capped turn, or they might not raise your turn bet but would be if you checked). And if you are behind, you have 1,000,000 outs.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:50 AM

I agree with ggb and dean