Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 04:26 AM

Default OPEN PROP BETS REGARDING MY HEALTH, LIFESTYLE, AND HABITS (X-POSTED)

LOOKS LIKE NO ONE IN OOT LIKES TO GAMBLE, THE BASTARDS. SO I'M BRINGING MY WAGER AROUND. WHO IF NOT BBV WOULD LOVE A RIDICULOUS PROP BET? I SHOULD HAVE COME HERE FIRST.

So as I take some time off of poker and to plan out the near future of my life, I'm trying also to rewrite some of my personal habits.
Specifically, I'd like to cut back on some of my vices (less drinking, no cigarettes, no cocaine), and form some new healthy habits (waking up in the A.M. most days of the week, regular exercise, and a better diet).

I wasn't really sure of the proper way to motivate myself ot do this, but then a friend of mine came up with the perfect solution: prop bets!

We're both casual smokers, mostly when we're drunk, but neither of us has had a cigarette in close to a week. As of tonight we launched a prop bet that the first one to smoke a cigarette owes the other $50.

This got me thinking and I want to make a series of prop bets iwth other people interested in doing the same thing, or just interested in betting on my potential failure. Specifically, here are the things I'm interesting in betting on:
-Cutting down on drinking (I'm not sure what specific terms this will entail)
-Waking up in the A.M. on a more regular basis (like, 5 times a week, even if it's 11:59, that's earlier than I'm used to now)
-Regular exercise (like something cardiovascular about 4 times a week, if not more)
-A better diet (less food overall, less crap in my meals, more fruits and vegetables, less junk, more health, etc. etc.)

Anyway, so I'd be interested in some sort of bet regarding each of these, that either involves
1)Someone who is interested in the same thing, and wants to set up a prop bet for who will be first to crack, or
2)Someone who wants to bet me on lasting a particular length of time with these bets

All bets would work on the honor system, so I would have to know you to enough of an extent to trust you to keep your word. I should hope that wouldn't be hard.

Anyone want to take me up on these bets? The terms are still very loose, so I'm flexible. And I figured this forum would be the best place to reach a wide array of people, all of whom are at least a little interested in gambling.

Propose ideas here. I'll listen. And I'm not ruling out the possibility of bets with multiple people, either. Of course, specific terms need to be worked out, but this thread seems like as good a place as any to do that.

Cliffs notes: Offering prop bets for/against my ability to change my lifestyle and habits. Will listen to offers here. Basics involve drinking, smoking, drugs (less of); exercise, diet, waking up in the A.M. (more of).
Old 10-05-2006, 04:29 AM

Default Re: OPEN PROP BETS REGARDING MY HEALTH, LIFESTYLE, AND HABITS (X-POSTED)

I'll prop bet you about not being the first to lie about winning a prop bet. Thoughts?
Old 10-05-2006, 04:42 AM

Default Re: OPEN PROP BETS REGARDING MY HEALTH, LIFESTYLE, AND HABITS (X-POSTE

[ QUOTE ]
I'll prop bet you about not being the first to lie about winning a prop bet. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

xcellent if confusing post
Old 10-05-2006, 04:45 AM

Default Re: OPEN PROP BETS REGARDING MY HEALTH, LIFESTYLE, AND HABITS (X-POSTE

go back to school. seriously, I wanted to start drinking less, doing drugs less often, and to stop being nocturnal and having a schedule has helped SO much.

but since this is bbv, I'll bet you $50 on a last longer for coke.