Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: P5s hand (15, bubble)

Push is pointless, raise will have the same effect on the shorty's and 2nd place will only play back if he has a hand or in this instance call your all in.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 AM

Push looks bad. Although x_QUIXTAR_x shouldn't be calling w/ much since he's firmly in 2nd.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push is pointless, raise will have the same effect on the shorty's

[/ QUOTE ]

Shortie is already all in!
And you ahve a massive chip lead, you don't want shortie to bust.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Big stack's range matters a lot. SngWiz says TT+ assuming ATC from big stack and only AA calling from small stack (for some reason it won't let me give him a 0% call range). However with big stack on 60% it's back to QQ+ and on 35+ KK+. This is without the 200 limp, since I'm actually running this problem as an UTG push from big stack and second stack in CO.

Edit: I'm talking about what the other guy can call with vs a shove here, obviously. Whether you shove in this spot as big stack has a lot to do with your opponent, but I would probably tend to raise small instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

chris, you should post more in the stt forum.

do you still play sng's?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I was drawn here because this thread originated with a thread in BBV calling attention to the low mean IQ of P5 posters.

I play NL cash now and so should you.

I might be roused from my STTF posting hiatus to post a review of that new SNG book, once I get home and get around to reading it (I've been in Europe for the last 3 months, so I haven't been posting much anywhere).
Old 08-17-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Big stack's range matters a lot. SngWiz says TT+ assuming ATC from big stack and only AA calling from small stack (for some reason it won't let me give him a 0% call range). However with big stack on 60% it's back to QQ+ and on 35+ KK+. This is without the 200 limp, since I'm actually running this problem as an UTG push from big stack and second stack in CO.

Edit: I'm talking about what the other guy can call with vs a shove here, obviously. Whether you shove in this spot as big stack has a lot to do with your opponent, but I would probably tend to raise small instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you still play sng's?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I was drawn here because this thread originated with a thread in BBV calling attention to the low mean IQ of P5 posters.

I might be roused from my STTF posting hiatus to post a review of that new SNG book, once I get home and get around to reading it (I've been in Europe for the last 3 months, so I haven't been posting much anywhere).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey ChrisV, pm me ur aim if you have it. You remain my hero.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you still play sng's?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gl with the cash. you will probably see me over there in a year or two.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:43 PM

Shoving is bad, it lets Quixtar call when he was trying to draw a shove from the big stack with a monster hand, or fold when he was just trying to help knock out the short stack which only gets you an extra 200 chips.

Raising is pointless, it makes him fold bad hands again, but if he shoves you have no idea where you are.

Call, see the flop and play from there.

He should be calling fairly tight since he is so far ahead of the 3rd place stack, but that doesn't make it worth shoving over him and losing a huge portion of your stack when he limped a monster.