Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: SEPTEMBER MONTHLY [CENSORED] THREAD

i hate that mana ray thing. they make other stuff.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:07 PM

Yeah that manta ray thing doesn't help at all, I've never liked it. I still can't get my hand back far enough to hold the bar on my back, and even if I could I've read in a few places now that for people with shoulder problems putting your arms behind your back like that pinches the shoulder and is very bad for you - same issue with going all the way down in barbell bench presses (is okay only if your elbows are all the way down at your side).
Old 09-25-2007, 03:54 PM

I got so pissed at my trainer today because he kept pushing me when I was obviously at complete muscle failure on the incline press, that I whipped off another 6 reps.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got so pissed at my trainer today because he kept pushing me when I was obviously at complete muscle failure on the incline press, that I whipped off another 6 reps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leveling makes its way to HF.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:20 PM

It's not leveling. Basically I got pissed and got some adrenaline. That was the hardest I can ever remember pushing myself. So it was kind of cool. Today was a good workout.

Also I'm sure everything he's doing is 100% wrong and I should be doing nothing but 5x5 dead lift and clean and jerk. But for now I'm getting a lot of it and even starting to show some muscle gain where fat isn't obscuring it.

This program is the first time in my life I've ever worked out this much. And I'm even sticking to my diet. My pants are starting to fall down past my underwear like the kids I see cruising the mall (only it's not quite the same effect with white boxer-briefs). I'm going to stay with it until the end of the year then re-evaluate.

I realize gym personal trainers aren't the best solution to put on muscle long term. But more than anything I just need someone to push me and to make sure I make it every day between the boot camp days. I think after 3-6 months it will be enough of a habit I can do it on my own.

Basically for psychological reasons I think this is the best plan for me right now. Also I really only care about putting on muscle for the purpose of losing fat and staying in shape in general. But it does seem to me like people whose only goal is to lose weight tend to stall out on that last 10-15 lbs. So I figure if I have an ongoing goal to beef up, that will help me push through dropping the last bits of fat I want to lose.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1729576
Old 09-27-2007, 11:05 PM

mini-brag: came back from my holiday on 7th July weighing 109kgs. currently down to 96kgs and still going strong. i dont think im worthy of an individual thread or anything, just wanted to share my joy at no longer being a fat guy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

approx 6 more kilos to go before i look super sexy. and surprise surprise, i lost the weight by eating healthy and exercising regularly. revolutionary stuff!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:45 AM

Guys, just wanted to introduce myself here...I suck at poker and am a marginal winner at 25nl...but I'm a mod on Ironmass.com so I know a lot more about lifting/diet/etc than I do poker. If any of you have questions that you'd like addressed personally, shoot me a PM, I love to help.

Would there be any interest if I were to put together a tl;dr post about post-workout nutrition?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Would there be any interest if I were to put together a tl;dr post about post-workout nutrition?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd be interested.. how about some pre-workout stuff, too?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:39 AM

I'd be interested too.