Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Home Two Table Tournament

I'm organizing a home tournament with 10-12 players as of now, and i'm thinking of having at least 2 tables and then a final table. Do you think it is a good idea to have the top 2 players from each table play at the final table, or the top 3 from each table?
Also, once again, I need help determining the amount of chips, values, etc to use. I have a set of 500 chips (100 white, 100 black, 100 yellow, 100 red, 100 grey). HELP!
Thanks
Old 11-25-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Home Two Table Tournament

If you can get it up to eighteen people, you could have three tables of six and have the top two from each table advance to the final table and the final table would be six people.

But personally, I think it would be a good idea to get the players input.

In regards to the number of chips and chip values, you need to figure out the total number of players and how long you want the tournament to last. I do think you are going to need more chips, however.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:09 PM

There's no way I can get up to 18 people, although that would be awesome.
We want the game to last at max 5 hours. I'm thinking of doing what someone told me in another post, start everyone with 5,000 in chips and start the blinds at 25/50?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:34 PM

With that little a number of people, I would make it a traditional freezeout as opposed to a shootout. That is you play down to the winner of the tournament as opposed to the top few finishers at a table.

And I would not have at least two tables, I would have it a maximum of two tables. The less number of people you have at each table, the quicker the game is going to go.

And I still don't think you have enough chips. Especially if you want to give everyone an amount equal to 5,000.

You might go to homepokertourney.com/blinds to get some guidance.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:41 AM

I deal and run small tourney's at a local card room. The Sunday tourney is $40 buy-in and usually 3-4 tables. We have only been open a couple months - in a town of about 5 or 6 thousand people.

This is how we run em. 20 min blinds, 4k chips. We use 5k chips for the $100 tourney. Each player only starts with 21 total chips. These chip quantities work fine even at a single table tourney of 9 or 10 players. Color up at break every 3 levels. The tourney today was 25 players, and the HU match ended at the 3k/6k level.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:47 AM

thanks a lot, this site will definitely help me!