Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Check-up #1

3-tabling at a smaller stake than usual to increase the number of decisions I make to review my standard plays. Therefore, no special reads.

PokerStars $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB
Old 11-11-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Check-up #1

Me no likey cbet-cbet...c/c the turn, donk the river, fold to a raise.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally cbet the turn when the flop is medium-low as flop peels with very weak hands and weak draws is common. With the added equity of the draw, I'm even more inclined to bet again.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally cbet the turn when the flop is medium-low as flop peels with very weak hands and weak draws is common. With the added equity of the draw, I'm even more inclined to bet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I do the same... but this board may be just a bit to coordinated for me...

River is standard.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:17 AM

the problem is that the turn is the 8c and not the 3c/2c. also betting the river is better than check calling. if you check do you expect him to bet J9/T9/98? the only way c/c &gt; b/f is if he'll have a bunch of bluffing hands on the turn that decide to make a LOLRETARDED bluff on the river (QT?). otherwise you need to put the bet in yourself if you plan on calling.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:06 AM

:grunch:

I don't think I like the turn bet. That card completes some draws, so I doubt you'll be able to fold both people.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:29 AM

:g:

I like bozlax line.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
:grunch:

I don't think I like the turn bet. That card completes some draws, so I doubt you'll be able to fold both people.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the problem is that the turn is the 8c and not the 3c/2c. also betting the river is better than check calling. if you check do you expect him to bet J9/T9/98? the only way c/c &gt; b/f is if he'll have a bunch of bluffing hands on the turn that decide to make a LOLRETARDED bluff on the river (QT?). otherwise you need to put the bet in yourself if you plan on calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles, I suppose this would refer to TOP's theory of "if your hand is worth a call or almost worth a call had you checked and your opponent bet, you should BET when your oppo is on who will call with more hands than he will bet..."? Pg 209, 'Playing Fair to Good hands in first postition as a favourite'
Old 11-11-2007, 12:04 PM

I'm with you until the turn but on the turn I think we have no expectation that leading will induce a fold by both villains and if we get one of them to fold it will be the wrong one. IMO we are drawing, likely behind, on a very scary board. We have odds to call though so I c/c the turn.

I agree with your c/c on the river because I think we are beat here more often than we are ahead and when we are ahead villain will fold some of the time.