Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: TV Wednesday

Yeah the Office was very disappointing last night.

Best new show I have seen so far this season is Reaper. It's pretty funny and interesting in an offbeat kind of way although I'm not sure if it will have any legs. Since it's not on a real network (CW) it actually has a chance of getting a chance before a quick hook.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:16 PM

The Bionic Woman seems like the type of show that needs 5-6 episodes to tell the proper back story for each character. I mean the Gov't group of Ferrer, the military guy and the 2nd in command blond could make the show very interesting. The villain is more enjoyable to watch than Jamie Sommers. The show is doomed if they don't fix that problem.

I liked Life. The premise is solid and there is some potential for some good comic relief from his financial advisor. I hope that do not delve much into his partner's past drug problems.

Wookie, I just want to say that I thoroughly enjoy your DWtS reviews. As someone who has zero dance training, your posts are very enlightening.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I liked Life. The premise is solid and there is some potential for some good comic relief from his financial advisor. I hope that do not delve much into his partner's past drug problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Adam Arkin alone will bring me back for a couple of episodes. Also, his lawyer was Tim Riggins' MILF from FNL last season.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Life" Has Potential. Not sold, but definitely not giving up either.

"Private Practice" is...JUST like Grey's, except that Taye Diggs is still so jacked from doing that cop show last year (which I actually liked) that he's not quite (or rather, even less) believable as a Doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, the only role taye diggs ever has or ever will be believable in is his part in Malibu's Most Wanted as the effeminate actor pretending to be a thug

also Life was pretty damn good for network television, i know someone said that his partner wasn't hot enough on her own to be a reason to watch, but when you add her plus his lawyer i think you have compelling tv
Old 10-01-2007, 06:29 PM

DwtS is back tonight, as is Heroes. I'll also be giving Chuck another go-round. Anyone think I should record Journeyman, too?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DwtS is back tonight, as is Heroes. I'll also be giving Chuck another go-round. Anyone think I should record Journeyman, too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

I watched pretty much all the premiers last week, and Journeyman was probably the pick of the new shows.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DwtS is back tonight,

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAHA! I missed the beginning. Was too busy yelling at my bf and forgot to turn it on. Serves me right! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Don't forget the Bachelwhore at 10:00.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 PM

Did anyone else watch The Bachelor? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Who do we like?

Oh why did Sniper have to go away. He would have talked about this show with me. He would have told me his favorites [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] .
Old 10-02-2007, 12:41 AM

Dancing with Wookie, 10/1/2007

Man, right of the bat, it appears that Edyta doesn't win the costume award this week. That honor goes to Kym. Wow. Surprisingly, DQDW was looking pretty good tonight, and Anna and Edyta were both looking great as always.

Mel B kicks off the night dancing quickstep. I'm surprised they're busting this out so early, since this is one of the most difficult dances. She looked surprisingly good out there. She did have great posture and a good, if not great, frame. Her footwork was pretty good for this early in the season. I did catch Maxim botching a lockstep, though. Their choreography was pretty easy for a quickstep, and the tempo was much slower than most competition quicksteps. All in all, though, I'm impressed. I thought this was a solid 24, and I think Carrie Ann was too tough on her. Oh well.

Mark Cuban gets the second spot with mambo. He'd probably prefer to go later, since people towards the end do tend to get more votes. Well, that routine wasn't great, but I really liked it anway. He's clearly having a lot of fun out there, and he reminds me the most of someone out at a social club having a good time, not just someone performing on stage. He needs to work on not stepping on his heels, and he needs to step on a straight leg instead of a bent knee. Man, I think that 18 he got was brutal. He earned at least one 7. I'm sorry that the voting lines are closed for me. I might have voted for him to keep him around for another week or two.

As tough as quickstep is, it probably suits Wayne more than cha cha. Well, maybe I'm not so sure. He got a great song for him, but he didn't exactly capitalize. He needs to get his shoulders back, and he needs to have a frame. I liked Mark Cuban more. Wow. Again I didn't think Wayne didn't deserve scores this low. The judges are being tough this week. He wasn't worse than Josie last week, but I guess the judges have adjusted their standards.

Up fourth are Osmond and pseudo-Osmond. I maintain that she could be related to her partner. Oh! Donnie was in the audience, and, yes, he def. looks like her partner. This dance was mostly shtick and performance, but she's pretty good at shtick and performance. The death drop trick that they hyped was done weakly -- she was supporting at least 90% of her own weight. I'd have liked to seen more actual ballroom steps, but she did do well. I thought 24 was a little high for this dance. I thought Len would give her a 7 for not doing as many proper mambo steps.

Albert danced the most difficult quickstep yet. The tempo was quicker, and he did many more running patterns than anyone else. He did skip, and his posture and frame are good, but not great. I guess his fundamentals weren't quite as good as Mel B's, but I thought he'd get one or two 8s due to the relative difficulty.