Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Official NFL Week 11 Late Games thread

[ QUOTE ]

Did you watch that link rafiki posted? At some point, that is more than luck. I don't think that int was all bad luck, TO should've done better and Romo's decision to throw it may not have been optimal

[/ QUOTE ]
so one time he chased down a loose ball, dropped it, picked it back up again, and then made an amazing play afterward and now every time a fumble bounces directly to him its all skill? this is laughable

i think hes a great qb for a number of reasons, but his "fumble recovery skill" is not one of them

[ QUOTE ]
TOEZ BITCHES

[/ QUOTE ]

PLZ TO BE SEEING LOCATION/AVATAR ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I recognize all the skill on your team, and think Campbell is a heck of a QB. Would be decent of you to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the Dallas fans acknowledge great plays (like the moss catch) but the haters just complain when something doesn't go their way

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Did you not see me talking about how impressed I was with Romo's poise on his INT and saying that I didn't think it was his fault?

bitch moan count

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, it doesn't happen a lot though.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Did you watch that link rafiki posted? At some point, that is more than luck. I don't think that int was all bad luck, TO should've done better and Romo's decision to throw it may not have been optimal

[/ QUOTE ]
so one time he chased down a loose ball, dropped it, picked it back up again, and then made an amazing play afterward and now every time a fumble bounces directly to him its all skill? this is laughable

i think hes a great qb for a number of reasons, but his "fumble recovery skill" is not one of them

[/ QUOTE ]

His ability to continually make great plays out of nothing is what makes him more than lucky
Old 11-18-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TOEZ BITCHES

[/ QUOTE ]

PLZ TO BE SEEING LOCATION/AVATAR ?

[/ QUOTE ]

OH, INDEED
Old 11-18-2007, 07:38 PM

I love seeing rafiki complaining about comments about the Dallas game when he spent the afternoon trolling the Giants game with retarded comments.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:38 PM

I miss Sean Taylor tremendously
Old 11-18-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love seeing rafiki complaining about comments about the Dallas game when he spent the afternoon trolling the Giants game with retarded comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trolling the giants game ? I watched all of...3 minutes of it ? 2 INT's by Kitna and some dumb giants flags.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Troy Aikman is putting me on life tilt, and I have no vested interest in this game. I didn't see the roughing call, but heard him whining about it. Then on the grounding call, Aikman says "even if there is a guy in the area, the ball still has to cross the line of scrimage", which is a blatant mistruth. Absolutely ridiculous that he can do cowboy games with his blatant biases.

Josh W

[/ QUOTE ]

?? I'm pretty sure that is a rule. The QB roughing was weak, but relatively speaking I didn't see the need to cry about it...it's not like it gave Wash a new set of downs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rule is that, if you are out of the tackle box and trying to throw the ball away, the ball must pass the line of scrimage.

However, if you aren't trying to 'throw it away', it doesn't matter if the ball cross the line of scrimage or not. If there is a receiver in the neighborhood, the ball doesn't need to go past the line of scrimage.

(if this wasn't the rule, then every incomplete pass on every screen pass or shuffle pass would be intentional grounding)

Josh W

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. It looked pretty clear that he was "throwing it away" though. Granted it's usually not called but it should imo.

After four straight 3-and-outs to start the second half, the Niners now have 36 plays for 96 yards, still just 4 first downs, and 0-9 on third down conversions. 1 turnover, 6 penalties (for 34 yards), and three points.

They are down 13-3 with just over 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter. I'm hoping they can get into triple digits for yardage on this possession.