Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 08:27 PM

Default *OFFICIAL who is [censored] themselves about colllege/university threa

Don't be ashamed, everybody is the same.

I have been a fresher twice (lol dropping out) and i understand how people feel about going to university and specifically freshers week (i dont think you use this term in the US, basically the first week after you move in).

My own personal advice is to just not think about it, in your mind you kinda plot out all these stupid scenarios and all these different people you are going to meet but just chill and be yourself. When you arrive you may find that 80% of the freshmen act as though they are the big man on campus but trust me, this is just an act, they feel they same as you. Be yourself and you will be fine, you will find out who your real friends are after 6+ weeks

so yeah who is bricking it?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL who is [censored] themselves about colllege/university t

Not me, I'm very excited and optimistic actually.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:13 PM

You must be very antisocial... college is great. You get thrown into a pool of thousands of people of a similar age, you're bound to make friends with common interests. Don't forget school, but don't let it overrun you're life.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:44 PM

LOL you should only be [censored] yourself if you don't have any self-confidence. Just go and hang out. You will make no enemies week 1.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:58 PM

Can't wait..only problem is I am going to be in one college for the fall term and then transfer to a completely different one in the spring and stay there onwards. Still, counting down the days and am very excited
Old 08-05-2007, 07:50 PM

I'm really excited, but lately I've been looking into different avenues of study. Current Computer Science major looking into Investments/Finance. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really excited, but lately I've been looking into different avenues of study. Current Computer Science major looking into Investments/Finance. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going into compsci..what don't you like about it?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't wait..only problem is I am going to be in one college for the fall term and then transfer to a completely different one in the spring and stay there onwards. Still, counting down the days and am very excited

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that, but I wasn't at all planning on it when I went to college the first time. Why would you ever go to a college only intending to spend one semester there? You won't be able to ever get settled because you'll just be counting the days to the new school, consciously or not.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that, but I wasn't at all planning on it when I went to college the first time. Why would you ever go to a college only intending to spend one semester there? You won't be able to ever get settled because you'll just be counting the days to the new school, consciously or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

A decent amount of people do this. If you don't get into the school you want, go to the best one you did get into, get excellent grades while not caring that the people you meet will think you're a loser, and then transfer.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:41 PM

That is basically it, except that I did get in to the school I wanted to get into, but only for the spring semester 2008 and onwards. I figure spending one semester at a lesser school getting some easy grades, hanging out with high school friends and meeting new people would be better than just staying at home in the fall and going to school in the spring.