show 428 81.37%
don't show 98 18.63%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL AUGUST [EMO] THREAD PART 2 ***

[ QUOTE ]
1) The lottery is a tax on people who can't do math
2) Tails is obviously preferable to Heads. Are you really gonna bet against a [censored] Eagle when it's up against some guy who's been dead for 200 years?

[/ QUOTE ]
I play it. It's down to utility. I enter every time the jackpot is > £10m. I pay about £50 per year (I play several goes) for a really unlikely shot at a few million. £50 means nothing to me, a few million means something.

Oh, and I play numbers that are least used (as per stats of winner's numbers), so that my chances of a split pot are smallest.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:36 AM

You should never pick your own numbers, ever.
If you don't play the same numbers the next week and they hit, you'd kill yourself.
So picking your own numbers is being forever doomed to playing the same numbers every week until death so just you won't kill yourself first.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest (and way way way the best) sport in Australia is by far...

Australian
Football
Is [censored]
Awesome

And OMFGLOLOOLOLOL at Jay losing that prop bet.

And holy [censored] at having to get up the next day and read through 20 pages to catch up to this crazy life thread action.

P.S. For some reason I can't get these pictures to work...but I dunno why...I'msa noob.

[/ QUOTE ]

You put them in as links, not as images.

Also, I've played one match of Aussie Rules Football* in my life. I had no idea what to do, so I just ran around shoving people to the ground. Good times.

*Nashville, my hometown, has the oldest Aussie Rules team in the U.S.; probably because of all the Aussies who move there for country music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, I posted them as images first and it just came out as the text "[image]http://etcetcetc[/image]"...so I just reposted them as links.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should never pick your own numbers, ever.
If you don't play the same numbers the next week and they hit, you'd kill yourself.
So picking your own numbers is being forever doomed to playing the same numbers every week until death so just you won't kill yourself first.

[/ QUOTE ]
I play five lines, I have no idea what my numbers are and I don't check the results when I don't play, so... Also, there's no way I'd kill myself over a couple of million quid. The problem with the lottery is that most people don't look at it rationally, hence all the people who win but are broke a year or two down the line... People without much money take more risks to try to get money - it's natural and probably even RIGHT. If you make a LITTLE bit more money, the chances are it won't help, and you need a big win to get yourself out of trouble. I don't really have a problem with the lottery as an outlet for that.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:12 AM

There was some woman in New York a couple years ago who embezzled about $400,000 and used it all to play the scratch-off Lotto instant games. The most pointless thing is that none of those pay even close to $400,000. She would've been better off just stealing the money and keeping it.

Nothing tilts me more than crooks with bad BR management.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 AM

I actually run a computer algorithm which selects the 6 most likely numbers for a given week. What it does is extrapolate past data, giving more weight to numbers that came up recently and comes up with the most likely outcome. It turns the lottery from a negative expected value proposition to a positive one.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:57 AM

Wow.
I've never looked like a hardened criminal as much as I do in the passport photo I just had taken.
Looks like a mugshot and I look like I'm doing 20 to Life.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually run a computer algorithm which selects the 6 most likely numbers for a given week. What it does is extrapolate past data, giving more weight to numbers that came up recently and comes up with the most likely outcome. It turns the lottery from a negative expected value proposition to a positive one.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many sets of numbers do you play a week?

Should we start a SSNL lottery consortium?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What has been your ROI over what period of time?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow.
I've never looked like a hardened criminal as much as I do in the passport photo I just had taken.
Looks like a mugshot and I look like I'm doing 20 to Life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post is worthless without picture.
Closed Thread