Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

Why not like, shoot em in the feet or something?

Then they can't get away before the cops get there, and you dont gotta worry about murder.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not like, shoot em in the feet or something?

Then they can't get away before the cops get there, and you dont gotta worry about murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you're joking. If not, it seems like a terrible idea to go outside with the intent of using force to maim. It's going to be even more dangerous than going outside planning to kill them, and it's not like you're on clear legal ground with this maneuver either.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:58 PM

waa - Let me get this straight. The man decided to be a highly responsible gun owner and educated himself about relevant Texas gun laws. He demonstrated this knowledge to the 911 dispatcher, repeatedly. Then all of a sudden he goes outside with the express intent of using his weapon in an unlawful manner. Riiiiiiiiight.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
waa - Let me get this straight. The man decided to be a highly responsible gun owner and educated himself about relevant Texas gun laws. He demonstrated this knowledge to the 911 dispatcher, repeatedly. Then all of a sudden he goes outside with the express intent of using his weapon in an unlawful manner. Riiiiiiiiight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what he did, thanks for clearing it up.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I simply said I interpreted his statements to the operator to be him rationalizing shooting the men before going outside. Part of this rationalization process is assuring himself that he can legally shoot the men before doing.

So if he goes outside and uses his shotgun it will be in a lawful manner (and if he is not charged an apparently correct assumption).

As many others have mentioned he had called 911 and was on the phone for 6 minutes with a dispatcher who repeatedly told him to remain inside. The non-spontaneity of the act combined with what his perceived knowledge of the law (believing that he could likely kill the burglars legally) leads me to conclude that he went outside planning to shoot, not simply to detain them for the police to arrive.

That is why I find his actions despicable.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:26 AM

My house was broken into for the third time this year (twice while we were sleeping). I don't feel entirely safe and have considered getting licensed for handguns in CT. I was born and raised in Texas and unfortunately I would probably get charged with a crime if I killed someone who had broken in and they were unarmed. I am not sure I agree with the guys actions, but people alwyas go, "You would shoot them without telling them to stop first." My response probably, b/c they will go for their weapon if they have one. Asking them to stop and giving them an opportunity to attack puts me in danger. They may not have a weapon, but I can't be certain of that and as a result can't hesitate.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 AM

I'm not sure why, but you guys are giving off the impression that the person who answers the phone at 911 is a cop, which is not the case.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:06 PM

edit, only listened to audio...didn't read news.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:13 PM

Chair,

He definitely killed both.
Closed Thread