Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul Political Report

[ QUOTE ]
we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're stating that this is patently false? That is that black men don't commit murders, rapes etc. that is out of proportion to their numbers?

DOJ statistics anyway seem to suggest at least the notion that the murder rate by black males is way out of proportion to their numbers:

DOJ Stats

Pointing out facts means one is a racist in this country I suppose. Too damn bad IMO.

In a lot of ways I don't understand journalism today. I believe Hillary made a valid point about being a game of "gotcha" in a recent debate. Why don't we actually try and go beyond the statistics and understand why things happen? Maybe Paul's ideas on economics and the constitution might help improve the situation if implemented, maybe they wouldn't. Have no clue why journalists don't want to go farther than they seemingly do. Could be convinced otherwise though.