Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: University of Delaware Re-Education Center

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
“A RACIST: A racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality. By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities, or acts of discrimination. (This does not deny the existence of such prejudices, hostilities, acts of rage or discrimination.)" - Page 3

Well, I guess that answers my question on wether or not I'm a racist...

[/ QUOTE ]

let me guess, since all whites are racist by definition, and racism is wrong,

then the answer must be that white people need to *pay* to make up for it.

how much does the average whitie owe?
anyone notice this is a lot like co2 tax carbon emissions where you owe money just because?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:52 PM

"This can't be right. Everyone knows only redneck southerners are racist."

My 1st day at U of D was for an orientation in the summer before my freshman year. My parents and I were wandering around trying to find some building when we saw another family walking towards us. My mom asked if they knew where the building we were looking for was. In an accent that seemed to me to be from Mississippi or Alabama they told my mom that it was their 1st time here and they were lost too. My mom asked where they were from and they said "Milford". My mom asked what state that was in. They said "Delaware". That's when I knew this NY born, North Jersey raised boy was in for a culture shock. I later found out that Wilmington = Philly and downstate Delaware (anything south of the St. Georges canal, which is most of the land mass of the state) = Birmingham, Al.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:50 AM

lehighguy,
Using some links in the thread earlier, I discovered some of them were bad.

Here is FIRE's web page with tons of related links. You can find the captured PDFs of the University material here.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Dissent Will Be Punished

2. I have been an RA for the past two years and have not been comfortable with this program. It has gotten out of hand and demanding of students. Yesterday I was approached to be an advocate of the program. Several of my RA friends have been asked to be available for talking with the press. When I declined I was taken aside and told that my future as an RA was in jeopardy as was future a student. I decided to stand-up for myself. I read the university response to FIRE and they seem to want to divert the attention away from the programs flaws and talk about how FIRE make U Del. students look. Well it was U Del. students that had the backbone and insight to bring this issue up to FIRE. Go Hens! FIRE believes in us.
— Bill Nov 1, 05:59 AM
Old 11-03-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Dissent Will Be Punished

[ QUOTE ]
When I declined I was taken aside and told that my future as an RA was in jeopardy as was future a student.

[/ QUOTE ]

tape record dude.

you can sue, go to media, whatever.