Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Cognitive Dissonance

[ QUOTE ]
a video of msnbc report where the reporter said that it's good that chinese goods have lead in the toys and poison in the food, because if china cleaned up their act prices would go up and americans would have to pay more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt that statement was interpreted the way it was intended.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

watch for yourself.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/08/12...economy-strong/

[ QUOTE ]
On Friday’s “Hardball” CNBC’s Erin Burnett spoke with Chris Matthews about the current instability in the U.S. economy and Burnett had these choice words to say about China:

video_wmv Download (3091) | Play (3815) video_wmv Download (1275) | Play (1696) (h/t Jane)

“A lot of people like to say, uh, scaremonger about China, right? A lot of politicians, and I know you talk about that issue all the time. I think people should be careful what they wish for on China. Ya know, if China were to revalue it’s currency or China is to start making say, toys that don’t have lead in them or food that isn’t poisonous, their costs of production are going to go up and that means prices at Wal-Mart here in the United States are going to go up too. So, I would say China is our greatest friend right now, they’re keeping prices low and they’re keeping the prices for mortgages low, too.”

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a video of msnbc report where the reporter said that it's good that chinese goods have lead in the toys and poison in the food, because if china cleaned up their act prices would go up and americans would have to pay more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw another conservative business reporter on Fox say essentially the same thing with a straight face -- we shouldn't be so outraged by the recent stories because if China imposed similar regulations as the western world, prices would rise

... Oh God forbid we can't buy loads of cheap plastic (and maybe poisonous) crap for our kids -- oh the humanity! What the hell has our civilization's values come to?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:16 AM

The administration wants the price of Chinese goods to increase, and so should you. It would force America to stop burying itself in debt, for starters.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The administration wants the price of Chinese goods to increase, and so should you. It would force America to stop burying itself in debt, for starters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not into "forcing Americans" to do stuff I want. My debt is my business and responsibility. My neighbor's debt is his business and his responsibility. I don't want a nanny for me, and I don't intend to be my neighbor's nanny either. And I really don't want my federal government "wanting" anything regarding price-setting in a free exchange of goods. That said, I choose not to buy much Chinese goods anyway because I don't buy much frivolous crap, not for me, my wife, or our kid. And we like a simpler life in that respect.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My debt is my business and responsibility. My neighbor's debt is his business and his responsibility. I don't want a nanny for me, and I don't intend to be my neighbor's nanny either

[/ QUOTE ]

so then you're telling us you didn't voluntarily enroll, and continue to pay into, social security?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not into "forcing Americans" to do stuff I want. My debt is my business and responsibility. My neighbor's debt is his business and his responsibility. I don't want a nanny for me, and I don't intend to be my neighbor's nanny either. And I really don't want my federal government "wanting" anything regarding price-setting in a free exchange of goods. That said, I choose not to buy much Chinese goods anyway because I don't buy much frivolous crap, not for me, my wife, or our kid. And we like a simpler life in that respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has nothing to do with your debt, well almost nothing, but the federal government's.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My debt is my business and responsibility. My neighbor's debt is his business and his responsibility. I don't want a nanny for me, and I don't intend to be my neighbor's nanny either

[/ QUOTE ]

so then you're telling us you didn't voluntarily enroll, and continue to pay into, social security?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I did not.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I did not.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you don't have a ssn?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, I did not.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you don't have a ssn?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is illegal for me to perform my current job w/o one.

If the point of your posts is that I live in the USA and abide by its laws means that I fully endorse its laws, you can stop now.