Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best 2/4 games
Stars 5 31.25%
Party 3 18.75%
Full Tilt 5 31.25%
UB 0 0%
Other 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: I DESERVE RESPECT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoe,
I also thought GME was a good play, but I couldn't get UB to ship me monies to put into it quick enough=/ I have a check coming this week, If I can get money into my account do you still think GME is a good play until say Dec 15th?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I still like the stock and think it will continue to do well for the forseeable future. I plan to hold on to my current shares well into next year bearing any unforeseen circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I think you would be doing yourself a favor getting out right before the new year because of profit takers/people adjusting to what [earnings] multiple it's trading at. I'd probably look to get back into it mid-jan/early-feb.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, I have a 50k+ (real) portfolio that I all I do is find a basket (35-40) of the top 200 volatile stocks, and then work the correlations so that I try to get high risk stocks with the lowest volatile portfolio.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you go about working the correlations, please explain.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:33 PM

this is one of the funniest god damn threads in this forum
Old 10-11-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, I have a 50k+ (real) portfolio that I all I do is find a basket (35-40) of the top 200 volatile stocks, and then work the correlations so that I try to get high risk stocks with the lowest volatile portfolio.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you go about working the correlations, please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

working..............................the correlations

(i don't think this is in bad taste, but if it is ahnuld or evan, feel free to delete...whipping just came to mind when i thought of somebody "workin' them correlations" lol)

Old 10-11-2007, 06:46 PM

Shoe,

I get more and more impressed with your rhetoric every time I glanced at your posts. Only the few talented ones can use the terms "forseeable future" and "unforeseen circumstances" in such a smooth manner. I hope one day to become a lace on your shoes so I can follow your holy steps to success.

Much love,
a piece of string
Old 10-11-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shoe,

Can you provide a detailed explanation as to how you go about picking a stock? From point A to point B. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will try to go into more detail this weekend, as I don't have much time right now. But here are the basic cliffnotes. There are a handful of stocks I watch extremely closely and am constantly scrutinizing. I actively seek out as much information as I can possibly find about these companies. An example of a stock in this group for me is NTDOY. Everything I can find on NTDOY indicates to me that the good times will keep rolling with this stock.

Then, there is a slightly bigger group of stocks that I pay attention too, but not nearly as closely as the first group. In this group I am watching for major news or price changes that would present a good buying opportunity (often these occur at the same time). An example of this is TTWO . Since making this post, TTWO has moved to my main radar and I realize they have even more going for them at the moment than I originally posted (BioShock, Carnival Games, etc... are all selling great as well -- BioShock has the potential to turn into a huge franchise).

Other than that, I am always keeping an eye and ear open for other stocks to start watching. I read through a lot of noise, but every now and then something intrigues me and I continue to monitor that company. Some of them fall off of my radar shortly there after, some of them continue to be on it for a long time.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:32 PM

I challenge OP to a return battle royale.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I shorted amazon on your advice at 77 dollars what do i do now?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my post you would know that I said I think it is overpriced but not to short it yet because I expected it to continue to trend upwards, which it has.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry If I sounded rude here but I was assuming you didn't really short AMZN. If you did, then I would definitely cover your shorts now and just eat your loss on this deal. I do still think AMZN is overpriced but do not think the market is going to realize it for a long time -- it could just become stagnate for awhile. But at the current time people are too in love with this stock for it to go down by any significant amount. Also, just to make sure I'm clear, I am not suggesting that you go out and buy this stock either. I'd just avoid this one altogether.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I challenge OP to a return battle royale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Details please.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shoe,

Can you provide a detailed explanation as to how you go about picking a stock? From point A to point B. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Shoe. Only kidding [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]