Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: And His Point Is?.....

[ QUOTE ]
2 questions:
So terrorism is OK as long as its not being funded by oil? However, if it funded by oil, then you think the United States should invade that country and take over their oil reserves?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his point was that terrorists not funded by oil don't tend to have to resources to threaten U.S. interests.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 questions:
So terrorism is OK as long as its not being funded by oil? However, if it funded by oil, then you think the United States should invade that country and take over their oil reserves?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his point was that terrorists not funded by oil don't tend to have to resources to threaten U.S. interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or chicken and the egg... maybe terrorists not funded by oil aren't threatened by the US whose foreign policy since WWII has been to secure foreign oil by any means necessary (except simply pay market price), even if that means backing ruthless dictators which naturally makes people not like us so much.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So terrorism is OK as long as its not being funded by oil?

[/ QUOTE ]
Silly question. It takes a creative interpretation to draw that conclusion from my post. Terrorism against the USA should be dealt with regardless whether the terrorism is funded by oil, diamonds, gold, or any other commodity....

[ QUOTE ]
However, if it funded by oil, then you think the United States should invade that country and take over their oil reserves?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes....if a country wants to sponsor terrorism against the USA or its allies, then **** them. If I had it my way we would bomb the Iranian refineries and their oil fields to shut off the flow of money sponsoring Shia terrorism. As for Saudia Arabia, their oil money is sponsoring Sunni terrorism and al Qaeda. It makes me sick when Bush calls the Saudis our allies. I would invade Saudia Arabia and take the oil. Legally the oil is 50% the property of the USA but it was stolen via nationalization during the Eisenhower administration. Time to take back our oil. This time all of it. Then there would be no more money sponsoring Sunni terrorism... Payback is a bitch...
Old 09-16-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly....
Pew International polls have shown that roughly 60% of the Jordanian population supports Bin Laden and terrorism against the USA. There are MILLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of would be terrorists in the Arab world. But the average Jordanian can't afford a bus ticket accross town much less buying a plane ticket to realize their terrorist ambitions against the West... Muslim terrorists have ample manpower. Money is their main bottleneck from expanding terrorism. Oil is their primary source of money...
Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 questions:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was referring to terrorist attacks. The estimated cost of executing 9/11 was 500k..chump change...no oil money needed.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But Iraq did have oil which they chose to use to sponsor terrorism ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep repeating this lie and it still doesn't make it true.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy is an idiot. I challenge him to name one terrorist act that Iraq has commited against the United States.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep repeating this lie and it still doesn't make it true.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are like a child that covers his ears and closes his eyes and says, "If I can't see the monster he can't eat me. If I can't see the monster he can't eat me......." I will post a few links of some facts but I suspect you will continue to close both your eyes and ears to these facts. People like yourself fear any truth which is in conflict to your make believe world....

Iraq has been on the US State dept list as sponsors of terrorism for YEARS. Saddam paid Arab suicide bombers $20,000 for every suicide mission against Israelis. Saddam gave sanctuary to terrorists. Iraq was not in the league of Iran or Saudia Arabia but they did sponsor terrorism...
http://www.cfr.org/publication/7702/

The word "lie" falls very easily from your lips. I was raised to take great care when to apply that word to another. Furthermore, I was taught that a person who uses that word too loosely is often guilty of what he accuses others of....
Old 09-16-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I challenge him to name one terrorist act that Iraq has commited against the United States.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the 'hanging curve ball'. There are a lot of dead Americans who have been killed by terrorists sponsored by Iraq or given safe haven from American justice by Iraq.

"What kind of support has Iraq given terrorists?
Safe haven, training, and financial support. In violation of international law, Iraq has also sheltered specific terrorists wanted by other countries, reportedly including:

Abu Nidal , who, until he was found dead in Baghdad in August 2002, led an organization responsible for attacks that killed some 300 people.
Palestine Liberation Front leader Abu Abbas , who was responsible for the 1985 hijacking of the Achille Laurocruise ship in the Mediterranean. Abbas was captured by U.S. forces April 15.
Two Saudis who hijacked a Saudi Arabian Airlines flight to Baghdad in 2000.
Abdul Rahman Yasin , who is on the FBI's "most wanted terrorists" list for his alleged role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
Iraq has also provided financial support for Palestinian terror groups, including Hamas, Islamic Jihad, the Palestine Liberation Front, and the Arab Liberation Front, and it channeled money to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers. In April 2002, Iraq increased the amount of such payments from $10,000 to $25,000. Experts say that by promoting Israeli-Palestinian violence, Saddam may have hoped to make it harder for the United States to win Arab support for a campaign against Iraq."

Does Iraq's 1993 attempted assassination against Bush41 qualify as terrorism in your book?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are like a child that covers his ears and closes his eyes and says, "If I can't see the monster he can't eat me. If I can't see the monster he can't eat me......."

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes of course, the ole paint anyone that doesn't agree with you as purposely ignorant. We've all heard it before. Saddam was a very secular ruler. If stopping funding to terror was the chief reason for invading nations then Iraq would be pretty far down the list.

And I just LOOOVE that your link is from 2003 and from THE COUNCIL OF FORIEGN RELATIONS of all groups.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I challenge him to name one terrorist act that Iraq has commited against the United States.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the 'hanging curve ball'. There are a lot of dead Americans who have been killed by terrorists sponsored by Iraq or given safe haven from American justice by Iraq.

"What kind of support has Iraq given terrorists?
Safe haven, training, and financial support. In violation of international law, Iraq has also sheltered specific terrorists wanted by other countries, reportedly including:

Abu Nidal , who, until he was found dead in Baghdad in August 2002, led an organization responsible for attacks that killed some 300 people.
Palestine Liberation Front leader Abu Abbas , who was responsible for the 1985 hijacking of the Achille Laurocruise ship in the Mediterranean. Abbas was captured by U.S. forces April 15.
Two Saudis who hijacked a Saudi Arabian Airlines flight to Baghdad in 2000.
Abdul Rahman Yasin , who is on the FBI's "most wanted terrorists" list for his alleged role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
Iraq has also provided financial support for Palestinian terror groups, including Hamas, Islamic Jihad, the Palestine Liberation Front, and the Arab Liberation Front, and it channeled money to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers. In April 2002, Iraq increased the amount of such payments from $10,000 to $25,000. Experts say that by promoting Israeli-Palestinian violence, Saddam may have hoped to make it harder for the United States to win Arab support for a campaign against Iraq."

Does Iraq's 1993 attempted assassination against Bush41 qualify as terrorism in your book?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry FN, they can only drink liquids (mostly KoolAid) because their hands are surgically attached to their scalp covering their ears. Their myopia takes care of any vision they might have had.