Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Winning too many small pots against donk bettors with my big hands

So, typical situation.

I raise pf with 44 and flop a set. But flop is wet, like KcQc4d. Fishy donks into me. I can't just call here. But they fold like 99.99999% of the time to my raise.

What do you do? Raise anyway? I understand the reasons for raising, but they never call if they donked.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Winning too many small pots against donk bettors with my big hands

You have to raise. You have to make someone pay for a draw, plain and simple. Also, there is a real good chance that someone that donks hit the flop

if this is a consistant problem try limping with your small pairs instead of raising
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Raise it. Your stacking someone with KQ.. if someone wants to donk on a flush draw and it doesn't come on turn then PUMP it up harder.

Either way I raise on this type of flop, better they fold and you win then to let it slide and have a club run off or another scare card.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:00 AM

Raise donkbets light to balance your range. If they indeed fold 99.99999%, this should be profitable with ATC.

I would not do it often with TPGK+, those hands are too good to turn into a bluff, but TPNK-, 2Pr+ are good candidates IMO.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:05 AM

Play party where they call your raises [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously though, wtf man [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM

it's one thing if they check or if if i get check-raised. or if i'm OOP and get raised.

but when i'm in position against the donk bet, raising pot scares them away virtually always. perhaps since i'm in position i can raise less than pot maybe? i just want to get value damn it.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]Raise anyway!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:56 AM

You've got a set and you must raise. This is the first part, but now, how to exploit them: First when they fold 99% to a raise, raise them light with any two expect mediocre made hands like TPGK. Then if they ever happen to find out what is going on, which is pretty unlikely as they are mostly morons anyway, remove some of the air hands and add mediocre hands such ass TPGK and potentially even worse. Now if you aren't already full time raping them they might be good players and you will have a rough ride. They could maybe tighten up their donking range and you had to tighten up too. Anyway, you are having the position+initiative (you can decide better when you want to play for stacks) and thuss a somewhat easier ground in this battle.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, typical situation.

I raise pf with 44 and flop a set. But flop is wet, like KcQc4d. Fishy donks into me. I can't just call here. But they fold like 99.99999% of the time to my raise.

What do you do? Raise anyway? I understand the reasons for raising, but they never call if they donked.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you really dont have to raise pot, just make it like just over 3x their bet.

also, what sample size is this over? this can be variance reaaaaaaaaaaaaally easily.

you could also try raising with air occasionally to balance this out, the donks might give you some lighter calldowns if they think youre a maniac.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's one thing if they check or if if i get check-raised. or if i'm OOP and get raised.

but when i'm in position against the donk bet, raising pot scares them away virtually always. perhaps since i'm in position i can raise less than pot maybe? i just want to get value damn it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost never raise pot there but rather raise to an amount I would have bet to if they had checked, basically I'm ignoring their donk-bet with regard to my bet sizing. I don't think the bet sizing here has any influence on their decision as long as the bet "looks big".

This makes it much more profitable to raise any and all donk-bets with ATC since you risk less