Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 07:37 PM

Default donk bets confuse me.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 07-19-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: donk bets confuse me.

raise that river yo, you're ahead most of the time
Old 07-19-2007, 07:43 PM

holy mackeral.

River is an easy raise. The rest you can decide based on your read. My default is to pop the flop or turn. I don't bet the river unless I make a straight or a flush.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:19 PM

i like to raise flop,but calling him down ok,u can get him bluffing with nothig or whorst flush drow
but river it`s clear R A I S E
if u don`t u lost 1BB
Old 07-19-2007, 08:35 PM

I'd raise that turn. He's more likely to be betting a flush draw so make him pay. Unimproved you can check behind on the river.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 PM

dang i'd never raise the flop or turn here without a read - especially the turn. is it me or is that just incredibly awful?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM

I dont think so miles

i didnt realize we made a straight at first and thought people were sayin bluff raise the river UI.. i was like wow do i suck or are they F'ing with OP?

rivers an ez raise call yo

edit: as i posted this i timed out with KK in the wsex vip tourney vs a utg raise..... damnit why didnt the software pop the table up or make it blink in the taskbar or something. worst is on that site it shows the cards u fold after theyre mucked, if it didnt I could have just assumed i had crap and probably never would have checked.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dang i'd never raise the flop or turn here without a read - especially the turn. is it me or is that just incredibly awful?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have 9 outs to the nut flush, another 3 for a 6-high straight. If an A falls, we might be good too.

If the donk is semi-bluffing a flush draw, we're already ahead. If he's trying to protect a pair, he might dump it to a turn raise.

All this warrants a turn raise imo, and even if we don't make a straight, flush, or pair our ace on the river, a check behind could still win a pot from his busted draw.

Please correct my rationale if you can.

(of course, I'd [censored] my pants if he re-raised me on the turn - happened last night and I missed all my draws (again)).
Old 07-20-2007, 02:08 AM

call flop

call turn

raise river
Old 07-20-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have 9 outs to the nut flush, another 3 for a 6-high straight. If an A falls, we might be good too.

If the donk is semi-bluffing a flush draw, we're already ahead. If he's trying to protect a pair, he might dump it to a turn raise.

All this warrants a turn raise imo, and even if we don't make a straight, flush, or pair our ace on the river, a check behind could still win a pot from his busted draw.

Please correct my rationale if you can.

(of course, I'd [censored] my pants if he re-raised me on the turn - happened last night and I missed all my draws (again)).

[/ QUOTE ]
my thoughts -

1. my equity is not that high against his range, therefore i don't want any more bets to go in than need be while i am most likely drawing.
2. no one folds pairs so i'm not going to try to fold pairs.