Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Tricky multiway pot with AQ

I have history this session with both villains.

MP and I have got into something of a 3 betting war preflop, not intentionally by me, i've just been getting good cards. He opens a lot of pots though, and he's started 4 betting me now. He's a solid LAG and aggressive before and after the flop.

CO is loose, maybe bad and i believe to be on tilt. He hasn't been respecting my bets at all. He's also been cold calling a lot preflop.

The reason there was no 3-bet preflop is 2 fold:
1)I think MP will 4 bet me
2)If MP folds, i believe CO will cold call. I'm then OOP with AQo.

River is an obvious fold, but what about the first 2 streets?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $387.00
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $346.70</font>
UTG: $367.55
MP: $200.00
CO: $212.75
BTN: $146.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $7.00</font>, CO calls $7.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $5.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($22) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $17.00</font>, CO calls $17.00, Hero calls $17.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($73) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="red">CO bets $50.00</font>, Hero calls $50.00, MP calls $50.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($223) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets all-in for $126.00</font>, 2 folds
Uncalled bet of $126.00 returned to MP

Pot Size: $223.00 ($3 Rake)
Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Tricky multiway pot with AQ

I really don't like it. I think 3betting PF here is a must. If he's 4-betting light then maybe it's time to start shoving light. On the flop I think you really need to protect your hand, I would either lead out strong or put in a c/r. Given that you have no idea where you are at the turn is really tough. I think after c/cing the flop leading here is the best option. The 7 doesn't change much, you can probably fold to a raise and you don't give a free card to any 8, J, or AK. River is a clear fold as you already mentioned.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Tricky multiway pot with AQ

I think calling pre is good. You want to play against the weak CO right, why chase him out ending heads up with the good LAG?

Leading flop is a best. MP will not raise you light with CO behind and you will often be heads up against the weak player on the turn.

As played lead turn. River is a fold.